Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 Seater Button Fold Down Seats??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if the updated 2022 Model X (plaid if that matters) will get the release button in the trunk for the rear seat to fold down? My Model Y has that and that is something I would miss. Thanks guys!
Since no one has seen one yet (all the deliveries so far are 6 passenger, I suspect us five passenger folks will be pushed to the end of the line). But there is really no need IMO. The current models are laid flat through the FWD. Very easy, just pull up on the handle, and it flops down. Although you do have to move around the car to lay down both sides. if you have a third row, you get the release button for them. But not necessary for the second row. I would be surprised if that changes for the 2022, but I don’t really know.

Also consider that the X has a larger space behind the 2nd row than the Y so it splits the difference there and the 3rd row (if it has one) folds with a button from the rear so it is no less convenient.

1 row X > 1 row Y > 2 row X > 2 row Y

So how close a gap from "2 row X" to "1 row Y" and how often do your hauling needs feel that difference is the big question?