TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

5-seater cargo capacity

Discussion in 'Model X' started by summit123, Jun 26, 2016.

1. summit123

summit123 Member

From the other threads I got the impression that no cars have been delivered in the 5 seat configuration As of yet, but would it have extra storage space in the area wherethe 3rd row seat(bottoms) currently occupy? I could see this extra space being able to fit 3 carry-on suitcases easily.

2. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    A 7 steater could fit 3 carry ons. A 5 seater will be able to hold much more.

3. summit123

summit123 Member

So has it been officially confirmed that the void from the lack of the 3rd row seats wont be covered over by a panel and made inaccessible for aesthetics?

4. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    I don't think any details regarding the lack of 3rd row seats has been confirmed.

5. summit123

summit123 Member

Th
    Thanks

6. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

I heard the 5 seater will include a covered storage compartment where the 3rd row was. Good use of space no doubt!

7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

8. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

I tried searching but didn't find anything, so created this thread. I asked about it today and that's what I was told by someone from Tesla, yes its a covered storage area. I really don't understand why they would hold that a secret, but I would expect to see this soon in the Model X walk through videos.