Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 seaters, how is your load floor supported behind the 2nd row?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, my service center finally talked to "engineering" (again) who confirmed what all of us knew, that my Model X was not manufactured/delivered as it should have been. Making my frustration even worse, the local delivery folks already knew this. My delivery person was telling me for a month that it wasn't right and that service was just waiting for the part, but apparently service had no clue, and then didn't seem to believe delivery. I'm glad I got the work order (that I included the image above) saying what they did in writing or else no one would believe me that my service center was so clueless. They are incredible nice about everything, and apologetic once they realized how wrong they were, but still clueless about 5-seaters.

In my last communication with them about 2 weeks ago, they said it would likely take 2 weeks to get in the parts and they'd call once they came in. No call so far. I'm scared they won't necessarily get the brackets for my loose support in the exact place they should be, so I'm probably going to micro-manage them a bit once the parts do come in. I'll post an update once something happens.

At least you have something! I am in the waiting for parts group. I was told by my SC in Feb that I should be getting a call within 2wks. Still no word! Driving to Phoenix at end of this month, sure would be nice to have for the trip from Vancouver to PHX !

If you want to make sure you have the latest top panels as well, make sure they have both the leather loops:

Model X 5 Seat Deliveries

img_0658-jpg.220376

Man, this is getting almost worse. We wait to order the car until there is a new announcement about features, and now it's about the state of the evolution of the rear floor? ;) I can see there being a newer version, but how many are there going to be?

(Yes, I know Elon says Teslas are continually evolving, but good grief...)

Man, this is getting almost worse. We wait to order the car until there is a new announcement about features, and now it's about the state of the evolution of the rear floor? ;) I can see there being a newer version, but how many are there going to be?

(Yes, I know Elon says Teslas are continually evolving, but good grief...)

Tesla interiors are like a box of chocolates...

Yesterday my MX was at the service center for a few things, including what I thought was going to finally be my proper load floor. Afterall, when the SC called to make my appointment, they told me "all parts were in". So much for optimism.

Upon going back to pick up my MX I was told the load floor parts were still back-ordered so I still don't have a proper load floor, now a full 4 months after my delivery. Really???!!! I'm being nice & patient, but really???!!!

Reactions: krouebi
When I received my 5 seater in December the platform behind the second row was missing. I was told that the quality was poor so it was removed and that a new one would be coming soon. I had my car in for service in January and asked about it but no one knew when the new one would arrive. Hopefully you have the old version and a new one will be coming soon.

I also am waiting for the platform for my 5 seater that I purchased in December. I called the service center this week and I am hoping that they will have it for me when it goes in for service later this month.