Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 vs 6 seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is true that the 5 seater is slightly lower than the 6 seater and therefore has slightly more headroom. I have personally verified this with two model x (one 5 seater, another 6 seater) side by side. The difference is very subtle but noticeable. I am not sure about the legroom though.

How is the comfort of the 6 seater second row seats given that the whole seat only tilts?

Can adults really use the third row?

I have the 6 seater. No I do not think 3rd row has sufficient room for adult, probably best to put kids there. 2nd row has ample room as long as you adjust front seats. My wife and father in law both sat back there and were comfortable. The room in the middle between the second row seats helps.

How is the comfort of the 6 seater second row seats given that the whole seat only tilts?

The funny thing is that I already have the 5 seater and am second guessing myself. I just think the 6 seater looks nicer, but IMO, adults under 6 ft, or at least under 5'10" would have no problem sitting in the centre. I also needed to fold down my seats twice to move things since I got mine 2 weeks ago. I do find that the extra space in the rear storage wells to be wasted though.

• Informative
Reactions: krouebi
In my experience, the extra space in the rear storage has been great for road trips. Prior to having our X, we used to take semi-standard rectangular suitcases (the type that you'd can carry on an airplane) and put them in the back of our old SUV. Now we instead pack our clothes in soft-side bags which easily go in the rear below the back shelf. That leaves the main compartment free for our dog crate, cooler, and other large "boxy" items. If we hadn't switched to soft-side luggage, we'd have trouble really taking advantage of the rear storage. Perhaps this will help others to more fully utlilze the rear space in the X.

• Informative
Reactions: krouebi
The rear row of the 6 and 7 seater is fine for adults as long as they are 6 feet tall or less. Preferably less.

I too like the openness of the center of the 6 seater but probably would have opted for the 5 seater had details about it been available when I ordered. We just won't use those back seats much and the extra storage and folding second row would have been great for road trips as it's usually just 2 of us.