Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor $50 Amazon gift card for Tesla drivers in Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A smart-charging app called ev.energy is offering a $50 Amazon gift card for the first 100 Tesla drivers to sign up to its Beta testing program in Texas before Dec 31st. The app is free to use, and works with ERCOT and any retailer to automatically save drivers money on their time-of-use rates and align EV charging to renewable generation. It's got 5★ reviews from EV drivers in California, now they're launching in Texas. Sign-up form is here: https://ev.energy/texas

Signed up here in Austin, however was on a call yesterday with Austin Energy Conservation group, there is no 'time of use rate' for Austin Energy, and unless you were one of the 100 in the beta rollout, your SO, and effectively you will pay a higher rate due to the increase in consumption than you paid previously on your Austin Energy electric bill. :(

Signed up here in Austin, however was on a call yesterday with Austin Energy Conservation group, there is no 'time of use rate' for Austin Energy, and unless you were one of the 100 in the beta rollout, your SO, and effectively you will pay a higher rate due to the increase in consumption than you paid previously on your Austin Energy electric bill. :(

My understanding on this program is that it's for the good of the world and we don't make anything off of it if there is no TOU.

We've received your registration and will be in touch in early January with instructions on how to download the app and claim your gift card. In the meanwhile, if you refer other eligible Tesla drivers and they put your name down when they sign up, you can earn an additional $25 per sign-up.

Thanks. The form implied I would hear something immediately. So wasn't sure.

ev.energy is fully compatible with Austin Energy's time-of-use rate and EV360 plans. The app will automatically schedule charging during the off-peak hours on these plans, once you set a ready-by time for your vehicle. And the $50 Amazon gift card also applies to Austin Energy customers who sign up before Dec 31st: ev.energy Texas Beta launch - ev.energy
Based on the email I just received this isn’t true.