Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50 hp software upgrade coming for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 owners are reporting the power increase to be in the release notes. Got the update in my pre-raven p100d yesterday, but no power update noted in the release notes.

Anyone else?

Yeah I was excited to get the update as well, but the release notes did not include anything about a performance boost for my pre-raven P100D.

Also was missing is the new stop feature where you get regen below ~5 mph. (?)

• Informative
Reactions: Lex
Model 3 owners are reporting the power increase to be in the release notes. Got the update in my pre-raven p100d yesterday, but no power update noted in the release notes.

Anyone else?

It's
So was it a noticeable difference?

I wish I had some time slips from before the update, but it certainly launches like a bat out of hell after it. 1.4599s 60 foot time, followed by [email protected] is moving

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: croman and UkrHog
Do you notice a difference in launching without using the launch mode (just Ludicrous+) or just in launch mode?

Launch Mode (heated up or not) is significantly faster as long as you have decent traction. It pre-torques the motors (to 550lb-ft according to Motor Trend) and shoots out of the hole like a bat out of hell. And, in Launch Mode, the traction control is seamless. I scrubbed off the burnout box water just by flooring it, and it slows down immediately to prevent excessive wheel spin. But then off the line, in Launch Mode, it pulls out with just the slightest feel of scrubbing the tires right at the limits of traction. It's extremely impressive.

I had raced STis before this, and even my '04 with a rotated GT35R couldn't launch like this. 1.459 60' on street tires is, to borrow a word, ludicrous. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more runs in without groceries to get even lower.