Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50 hp software upgrade coming for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought y'all would like to know Elon tweeted this morning that there's a software upgrade for the Model S coming out that will increase peak power by 50hp. No specifics on if it's all Model S's or just the new Raven Performance models, but I'd wager just Raven's. It should then handily beat Taycan Turbo S by a wider margin.

Treelon on Twitter

ModelS50hp.png

Whenever they tweet about something coming out, they mean something is coming out for people with the latest hardware.

There is already a 3% boost for Model S and 5% boost for Model 3 that Elon said is coming out (in a few weeks) which will be for all customers (so new and current). They have also done this in the past with the Model S, which was also applicable to all previous Model S owners. I wouldn't rule out that it could apply, atleast to some degree, to older hardware.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: marchino and ucmndd
There is already a 3% boost for Model S and 5% boost for Model 3 that Elon said is coming out (in a few weeks) which will be for all customers (so new and current). They have also done this in the past with the Model S, which was also applicable to all previous Model S owners. I wouldn't rule out that it could apply, atleast to some degree, to older hardware.

This again...read the uncorking threads to see how this will play-out. Same narrative as what's going on now with the "MCU1 will/won't get Netflix" threads. Translation: "all" means "except older ones".

There was no mention of old/new/both on the earnings call - just that it will be 3% for S/X. I'm assuming that's Raven only, otherwise why wait so long to improve the older ones? It makes more sense that they launched the new motors a bit conservative until they got enough road experience to loosen up a bit. And that would also align with the M3 getting more boost than S/X - twice the new motors. And the 50HP he mentions above I'm guessing is only the P100D's.

But here's hoping my "old" 100D gets an extra 50HP anyway!

Does the P100D and the new Raven Performance have the same rear motor? (Hence the extra power upgrade would apply to both)
I believe they are the same motors, but I can't say for certain without part numbers. I guess it will be interesting to see how Tesla will tweak the existing cars, specifically where to attribute the 50HP power increase. I'm skeptical is will be coming only from the front, but who knows, maybe both.