TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

50 miles odo normal?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by shawn_k, Apr 27, 2018.

1. shawn_k

shawn_k New Member

Hi All,

I'm scheduled to pick up a Model 3 next week and I just received the final purchase agreement paperwork from Tesla. To my surprise, the ODO Mileage reading is listed as 50 miles. I assumed the mileage would be under 10 miles.

I called Tesla and was told that 50 miles is normal for a new car and that it's been built for my order and not a previous cancelation.

In your experience, what's the normal odometer reading for a new Tesla upon taking delivery?

Thanks in advance!
    Shawn

2. drawfour

drawfour Member

It's normal. The purchase agreement for everyone says 50.

3. David L

David L Member

Your car will have a lot fewer miles than the standard 50 miles on the paperwork. Mine only had 3 miles.

4. Brady12

Brady12 Member

It is normal....my also said 50 but when I picked it up, it only had 3.

5. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Well-Known Member

When they do the paperwork, they do not know exactly how many miles will be on the car when the buyer accepts delivery, so everybody get a 50.

6. shawn_k

shawn_k New Member

Thank you all for the clarification!

7. PLUGZIN

PLUGZIN Member

They just use 50 on all paperwork. Mine had 5 on idometer.

8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

If they gave you a car that had more than the paperwork said, it would be illegal. Thus the 50. Mine had under 10, also.

9. RenMan68

RenMan68 Member

Is this some sort of legal limit for new cars? boaterva wrote it would be illegal but I mean are all "new" cars required to have less than some number of miles when delivered?

10. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

My Sig S had 60 miles on the odo when it was delivered in 2012.

11. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

There is no limit to the number of miles on a "new" car, it just can't have more miles on the car than is reported on the paperwork.

In this case you get an extra ~40 miles of warranty. ;)

• Like x 1