TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

$500 accessory credit from referral

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ngeadah, Jun 18, 2018.

1. ngeadah

ngeadah Member

Bought a Model S last quarter. under the referral rules that gave me both free supercharging and a $500 accessory credit.

It seems that NO-ONE at Tesla knows how to apply the $500 accessory credit... I've emailed Tesla, texted my advisor, researched online, no-one seems to know how to get this credit.

Any luck from another owner who received this credit? If so how did you succeed?

2. mburnet6

mburnet6 Member

I'm in the same situation.

3. croman

croman Active Member

Wait a year and maybe you'll get something. Maybe.

• Funny x 1
  4. ngeadah

ngeadah Member

That's pretty embarrassing of Tesla. I assume it would be so easy for them to create unique coupon codes for the Tesla shop, that could be applied to checkout... I still love everything about the car and the company, but botching something so simple like that is disappointing.

5. croman

croman Active Member

Try to get referral awards. At least they have an established protocol for those even if there are large delays. Tesla will eventually deal with it...

6. Joelgjr

Joelgjr Member

Hah - I had this same problem. I eventually just gave up and bought a non Tesla J1772 charger in protest

7. CUBldr97

CUBldr97 Member

i guess a $500 visa card is too hard? SMH

8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

lol.. tweet Elon? Sometimes it works.. I'd say tweet Jon, but Elon IS Jon now.... SMH....

9. GabeX

GabeX Member

You can go into the service center and ask a service adviser if they see the referral credit on your account. I was able to verify the credit was on my account about 1 month after picking up the car.

10. Astraviel

Astraviel Member

I pestered them for nearly 1.5 months every week until I got my credit.

11. whitex

whitex Active Member

Maybe the credit is in the process of validation and obtaining governmental approval? :p

• Funny x 1
  12. g1000x

g1000x Member

It goes through service. It’s not listed anywhere you can see. Tesla can see it.

I went through this a couple of weeks ago. I called and asked where it was, but it’s not viewable by you. I put in my order of items (extra charger, cable organizer, floor mats) over the phone and I picked them up at my service center two weeks later.

13. prash

prash Member

Does this 500$ credit expire after a year or so?

14. Beardco

Beardco Member

The $500 credit is on a different system than the other rewards so, as previously stated, you can't see it. I forgot what the internal company term is for this type of credit but, your delivery manager should know about it. I was able to confirm mine 1 week after delivery (that was 1.5 weeks ago. And there was no problem with ordering accessories based on the credit.