Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$500 accessory credit from referral

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a Model S last quarter. under the referral rules that gave me both free supercharging and a $500 accessory credit.

It seems that NO-ONE at Tesla knows how to apply the $500 accessory credit... I've emailed Tesla, texted my advisor, researched online, no-one seems to know how to get this credit.

Any luck from another owner who received this credit? If so how did you succeed?

That's pretty embarrassing of Tesla. I assume it would be so easy for them to create unique coupon codes for the Tesla shop, that could be applied to checkout... I still love everything about the car and the company, but botching something so simple like that is disappointing.

That's pretty embarrassing of Tesla. I assume it would be so easy for them to create unique coupon codes for the Tesla shop, that could be applied to checkout... I still love everything about the car and the company, but botching something so simple like that is disappointing.

Try to get referral awards. At least they have an established protocol for those even if there are large delays. Tesla will eventually deal with it...

It goes through service. It’s not listed anywhere you can see. Tesla can see it.

I went through this a couple of weeks ago. I called and asked where it was, but it’s not viewable by you. I put in my order of items (extra charger, cable organizer, floor mats) over the phone and I picked them up at my service center two weeks later.

The $500 credit is on a different system than the other rewards so, as previously stated, you can't see it. I forgot what the internal company term is for this type of credit but, your delivery manager should know about it. I was able to confirm mine 1 week after delivery (that was 1.5 weeks ago. And there was no problem with ordering accessories based on the credit.