TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

$500 accessory credit - what to get?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ngeadah, Apr 24, 2018.

1. ngeadah

ngeadah Member

Hi All - I'm brand new here. I just ordered an inventory 75 RWD to be delivered in 1-2 weeks. I don't have an unlimited budget - so I ordered the cheapest possible car I could find. 75 RWD in red (EAP 2.5), inventory, no transport fee, small showroom discount ($1300), no options whatsoever; I even took off the EAP software to save myself the $5k. After the tax credit it comes out under $65k so I figure that's a decent deal.

I did use a referral code so I'm told I get a $500 accessory credit. What are people getting with that? I can see doing the all weather floormats but they seem pricey, and Amazon has some for much cheaper with great reviews.

So - what did you get with your $500?

2. GWord

GWord Member

I might consider spending it on the annual service.

3. pkodali

pkodali Member

I would go for the all weather floor mats or a wall charger

4. Siggy101

Siggy101 Member

wall connector is your best bet, if you are charging at home.
    Be careful about saving it for the service as I believe you have 1 year to use it before it expires....

5. legend502

legend502 Member

I used mine on the HPWC - Love it

6. edlin303

edlin303 Member

Slightly tangential, but did it show up somewhere for you? My OA said it would show in my account a few weeks after delivery, but I don't even know where it would. I was thinking of the HPWC too.

7. ngeadah

ngeadah Member

I was also told it would show up in my account 2-3 weeks after delivery. My OA said that if it does not show up, text/call him and he'll make it happen.

8. kev1n

kev1n Active Member

i dont recommend the OEM weather mats, you're better off going aftermarket as the OEM weather tech are junk

• Like x 1
  9. brycerocky

brycerocky Member

To each their own, but I like the weather tech floor mats. If you feel like throwing some of the money away, the performance pedals are pretty awesome (and look much better imo). Totally not necessary, they feel much better than the stock rubber ones.

10. kev1n

kev1n Active Member

to give more insight on my reasoning,

i have the 3d kagu mats in one car and the tesla oem weathertech in another

the 3d kagu fitment is on point and they do not move around, these are a softer more rubber feel.

on the other hand, the tesla ones are like trays/hard plastic liners that dont fit perfectly and they move around, pretty disappointed with these since they are considered OEM and dont even fit properly

11. legend502

legend502 Member

I was told the same that it would show up in couple weeks; never showed up so I just kept stalking the service center and finally somebody in parts just ordered for me and dropped in off at my house within the next couple of days.

12. ThiagoBoyZinho

ThiagoBoyZinho New Member

13. edlin303

edlin303 Member

Thanks. I already emailed them once with a couple of questions and got no response. Time to hit them up again.

14. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

500 lugnuts.

15. Bigt6542

Bigt6542 Member

This may seem like a dumb question, But do you only get the 500 credit when you use a referral code of someone who has never had their code used or is it for everyone who uses a referral code?

16. Krash

Krash Data Technician

Only the first referral per referrer in the last several months gets the $500 credit. The rest only get the Unlimited Supercharging.

17. ngeadah

ngeadah Member

I didn't realize it was for the first referral only but I find it pretty generous, considering I get both free supercharging and the $500, plus the referrer gets the wall connector. That played a pretty large role in my decision to move in on the order before 4/30.

18. f3honda4me

f3honda4me Member

I ordered my car in February and took delivery March 22. I have yet to receive my $500 credit. I know what I want but still waiting for the credit to “show up”. I have yet to see anyone on the forum say they have received it. :(

19. legend502

legend502 Member

I called parts and they they saw it on their end; I told them what I wanted and then magically it showed up

20. ngeadah

ngeadah Member

So what'd you get?