TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

500 Miles attempt ?

Discussion in 'News' started by Larry93428, Sep 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. mspohr

mspohr Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to know the exact route. Would be useful in determining the effect of altitude, etc. on energy consumption. I think at one point Casey mentions Lassen supercharger and some of the video shows hilly terrain so this was not a "flat" route.

2. LargeHamCollider

LargeHamCollider Battery cells != scalable

Makes me think a 90D could hit 600miles on a similar route in warmer wx, surprised no ones gone for the record in a 90D.

3. dmetcalf

dmetcalf S258

Congratulations! I know a bit about the "camel effect" but a whole day is awesome. I look forward to hearing more as you report some of the details. I always thought that the right conditions would allow 500 to be done. Glad to see it done!

4. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

This is amazing Casey, you have my respect and admiration for getting to 550 miles on a single charge. For the record, that's more than double the Tesla quoted 270 mile range of the Model S 85D!!!!

5. 1208

1208 Active Member

Go for 1000miles! Transport it to top of the Alps and find a road that goes down the whole way.