Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 miles in 24 hours.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yes, that's exactly what we were dealing with. It has an almost but not quite inaudible buzzer which sounds when you put in the wrong code, or maybe any code.

In the end we took what we could from the 110 line, drove to a camp ground after a few dozen phone calls (Columbus Day weekend - they're all full to bursting!). We got there around 10:30 am and charged till about 3 pm from a dedicated 14-50 they actually labelled as "EV Charging". Amazing really. Arrived about 7 hours late at our destination; could have been a lot worse. I'll post pictures later.

The car is once again charging from 110v as the 220 line here is a 10-30 when I was expecting an L14-30. I have some cable, a 10-30 plug and a L14-30 socket, which can connect to our L14-30 UMC adapter which I bought from TM to charge at Raceway Park. Can anyone tell me how to wire the L14-30 end of this adapter? It's non-trivial because it is going from a 3-pole, 3-wire plug on one end, to a 3-pole, 4-wire socket on the other. I've googled it but not had any success. I'll post a new thread in the chargers section.

Thanks in advance.

I'm having second thoughts !

Just for the heck of it I've been thinking/dreaming of driving from Los Angeles to Taos, NM - 935 miles and thinking if I didn't hit any snags I could make it in under 48 hours.

This last spring I had the car in Taos and went to visit a friend in Santa Fe (round trip 150+ side trips in town). As a "test" and some mileage insurance I stopped at a RV campground between Santa Fe and Taos. The place is only a couple years old and the manager was nice and readily allowed me to charge. I'm pretty sure it was 240 (not 208) and I charged for less than an hour.

The RV Campgounds along I-40 in CA, AZ, and NM are sometimes few and far between. Pulling in and using the UMC 14-50 and only getting 110 would be a shock :)biggrin:). Under ideal conditions my trip would require a minimum of 6 stops (Barstow, Needles, Seligman/Williams, Hollbrook, Gallup/Grants, and Alburquerque).

Sounds like I need to adjust my time expectations.