Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 miles on the new coil overs

Oct 25, 2018
Ocean Gate New Jersey
DBB2C899-A603-4F98-B96D-37A8AAAE75C7.jpeg
i can’t believe how happy I am with the choices I made to improve the ride on my Model 3.
The car now handles like a sports sedan, reminds me of the feel I had driving my Jag XK.
I added coil overs from Mountain Pass Performance and KW along with new toe and camber units and lowered the car 2 inches. Now I love the car better then when I got it. New Rims and caliper covers.

BillO

Oct 14, 2015
San Francisco, CA
I’m planning to get the AWD coilovers when they are available — your car looks great! But I wonder about your ride height.

My understanding is the M3 has 5.5” of ground clearance. Minus 2” would give a ride height of 3.5”, which is very low. MPP recommended height for street cars is 110 - 115 mm, which is 4.3 - 4.5”. I had a gen 1 Chevy Volt that had a front spoiler with 3.5” clearance and I scraped it all the time.

• Informative
Reactions: longshot49

Perry

Jul 4, 2018
San Jose, CA
View attachment 360725 i can’t believe how happy I am with the choices I made to improve the ride on my Model 3.
The car now handles like a sports sedan, reminds me of the feel I had driving my Jag XK.
I added coil overs from Mountain Pass Performance and KW along with new toe and camber units and lowered the car 2 inches. Now I love the car better then when I got it. New Rims and caliper covers.
Are those 18" wheels? Did you get the sport or comfort MPP coilovers?

zhu-

custom title
Oct 24, 2018
NJ
What do you have your toe adjustment set to? Have you noticed this reducing the car's unintentional side to side tracking?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC