TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

500 referral credit

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Dan Utah, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Dan Utah

Dan Utah Member

I used a first time credit so I got a 500 credit score to the store.

the service center can see the credit but can't figure out how to use it for the Tesla store .

can anyone tell me how you redeemed the 500 referral credit?

2. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

When I bought something, I ordered through my local service center. I don't think there's a way to do it online.

3. eml2

eml2 Member

When you order online, at the last step before checkout, you will see the $500 credit.

4. Sandollars

Sandollars I bleed Cardinal

THAT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. IT SHOWS NOWHERE.

• Funny x 1
  5. Poor Pilot

Poor Pilot Member

Same for me. A few months ago, I was going to use the credit to prepay for a 3 or 4 year annual service plan. I added the plan to my cart and it showed the credit. I ended up not pulling the trigger because we have until the actual first service to prepay for the plan. About a month ago, I checked on it again, and the option was no longer there and so I tried to purchase something in the store, but my credit wasn’t there. I emailed customer service and was first told that I couldn’t use the credit for annual service, then I was told I need to call my local SC to straighten it out. Needless to say, I’m a little disappointed regarding the referral program.

Side note: I’m still waiting on my signature HPWC from another referral.

6. Dan Utah

Dan Utah Member

my service center can't figure out how to do this.

would you mind sharing the mane and location of the person who put yours through so I can see if they can help me.

7. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

I called the Tempe AZ service center.

I told them I wanted a Frunk mat and to deduct it from my $500 credit. He typed some things. He saw the credit and said no problem.

It arrived at the service center a little after that.

8. hypa

hypa Member

#8 hypa, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    I didn't realize that there is a $500 credit when you use someone's referral for the first time. I just checked my friend's referral page and it says they made 1 referral (me). Is this credit available now or will I not see it until I take delivery? Nice to know that the person I referred will also get a $500 credit.

nvm I see this is for a past promotion.