Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$500 screwing on my X...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:)

586 miles. I'll get a new one on Tuesday installed and see if I can find anyone to patch this one for a spare.

Indicated down to 28 psi when the wife and daughter tried to do some local running around. They didn't get far before the warning came on and came back home.

Glad it didn't happen on our 3000 mile trip that starts on Friday.
13335637_1411836515508830_6458377616187961218_n.jpg

586 miles. I'll get a new one on Tuesday installed and see if I can find anyone to patch this one for a spare.

Indicated down to 28 psi when the wife and daughter tried to do some local running around. They didn't get far before the warning came on and came back home.

Glad it didn't happen on our 3000 mile trip that starts on Friday. View attachment 179352
Yikes Bryan. I'm glad it didn't happen to you next week as you said! We live in a brand new community with dozens of homes being built around us every day and my bike has already been "nailed" twice but I've staved off nails from my cars thus far.
Sadly our X has been back at the SC since last Friday with no word yet on what the heck is wrong with the door latch.

Glad it didn't happen on our 3000 mile trip that starts on Friday. View attachment 179352
Fix it your self, buy a tire repair kit. I do it all the time and it is easy and safe.

Reactions: ohmman
My wife came out of the hotel we were at in the Portland, Oregon area, and our X's front passenger tire was flat. As luck would have it, we were directly across a parking lot from a Discount Tire store. We approached them, and they pumped up the tire, drove the car over to the shop, and they repaired the tire for free. It was a puncture. We drove home over the last two days, and the tire was fine.

Since Tirerack charges tax here in GA, it would cost me $400 + $30 install to go that route. Tesla is actually $400 for the tire and $50 labor. One of the Tesla tech lives close to me, so he picked up the wheel/tire last night, will install new tire on the wheel at the SvC center and will return it this evening with a new tire installed. The local Discount tire won't patch this one as they claim its to close to the sidewall. The Tesla Tech is returning the old tire to me, I'll find a place to patch it and have it for a spare.

I have a tire plug kit on the way from Amazon and have a fix-a-flat kit with the compressor/tire goop to use as a last resort on our trip.

...you scared me into thinking it would be $2k to replace my Wife's MX tires. It's not that bad!!
View attachment 179803

That doesn't include shipping, tax, or installation. If you live in a state where Tire Rack doesn't charge tax you'll save some, but $1,700-1,800 for 4 new 20" tires seems to be about what it will run. They can't be rotated either so it will be interesting to see how long the tires last.

That doesn't include shipping, tax, or installation. If you live in a state where Tire Rack doesn't charge tax you'll save some, but $1,700-1,800 for 4 new 20" tires seems to be about what it will run. They can't be rotated either so it will be interesting to see how long the tires last.
"Cant be rotated" - please expand. I rotate my tires every 5,000 miles. Are Tesla designs such that the SHOULD NOT be, or is there something that makes it Cant.

"Cant be rotated" - please expand. I rotate my tires every 5,000 miles. Are Tesla designs such that the SHOULD NOT be, or is there something that makes it Cant.
Tires are directional, they are made to rotate in one direction. In order to rotate this kind of tire you need to do a dismount rotation, the tire shop takes the tires off the rims and mounts to the opposite driver/passenger side rim facing the same direction. Keep in mind front/rear rotation is not possible since they are different sizes.

Tires are directional, they are made to rotate in one direction. In order to rotate this kind of tire you need to do a dismount rotation, the tire shop takes the tires off the rims and mounts to the opposite driver/passenger side rim facing the same direction. Keep in mind front/rear rotation is not possible since they are different sizes.
"Different sizes"??? I thought you select a 19, or 20 or 21 tire, but not one of each. Are you sure the M3 is staggered like this? I'm flabbergasted at this new info.