Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#501 - Orange / Wrapped - Denver, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Tesla Tesla | eBay

$(KGrHqNHJCUE9!M2DEVNBPQ8SjhKr!~~60_3.JPG

Now, I am a bit confused - the VIN seems to have a 1 digit for the motor (non-sport), yet also includes pictures of a Roadster with Sport badges:
$(KGrHqRHJCYE9!Hb,N,OBPQ9wINTQw~~60_3.JPG

I am guessing that they wanted to include some pictures of an orange Roadster without a wrap on it, and "accidentally" showed some of a Sport model which may be misleading.
Also, their non-wrapped photos have black wheels, unlike the silver on the ones with the wrap.

OK, I see this in the description now:
Please note that the pictures of the unwrapped car are not pictures of our car, but are merely provided as an example of what the car would look like without the wrap. We are in the process of getting the car unwrapped and we will post updated photos when the process is completed.

#501 all orange for sale caution

Use extreme caution if you are considering buying #501. This car has been for sale for some time and there are many pictures all over the web from Russia to Japan. The car has been in CO for some time. I have been solicited by a seller from PA named Robert who does not appear to have ownership in this vehicle, and is showing pictures previously posted on the web. Be very careful!

3/21 Update: I called the owner in the original E-bay listing, Russell Rosenblum, and he has no idea who is trying to sell #501. He is still the legal owner. THIS IS VERIFIED A SCAM!! Do not do business with anyone [email protected] Thanks TEG for assistance!

Last edited:
...Update: I called the owner in the original E-bay listing, Robert Rosenblum, and he has no idea who is trying to sell #501. He is still the legal owner...
I think Lloyd meant to say Russell Rosenblum.
Roberw57@... email is apparently the email of someone of concern claiming to have the car.
Russell Rosenblum is apparently the real seller of the Roadster.
It would be unfortunate if Russell now has trouble selling the car because some Robert person is also trying to sell the same car.

Same car was mentioned earlier here:
#501 - Orange / Wrapped - Denver, CO

Last edited:
There may be one legit seller, and one possible scam seller.
On the other hand I noticed a duplicate title was recently issued.
Do two people both claim to own the same vehicle?
Maybe a buying opportunity here, but caution is warranted.

I think that this one is getting STRANGER by the minute.

I was contacted by Robert W as well- clearly the scam as the pics were of 2 different orange Teslas...and when I questioned the carbon fiber hood on one and not the other he said one was a 'cover'.
Today I was contacted by a different Robert. This one claims to be representing Russell Rosenblum. Is this another scam? He said that he got my email from this site (as I had expressed some interest in it via PM when the owner was inquiring about how/where to sell. This email is one that refers to the duplicate title.

Any thoughts?

Here is the description from the eBay:

Tesla Tesla | eBay
2010 Tesla Roadster in Very Orange with black executive leather interior, both soft and hard tops and 100v and 220v connectors. The car has minimal mileage of 7,900, is in excellent condition as it was used solely for marketing purposes by a small dry cleaner in Denver, Colorado, and has been kept covered in a garage most of the time. The company-owner has decided to move in a different direction with its marketing dollars. The car currently is covered in a vinyl wrap with the company's logo. The wrap will be removed without damage to the car prior to delivery. It should be noted that the wrap has effectively protected the car's paint from chipping and weather damage. Please note that the pictures of the unwrapped car are not pictures of our car, but are merely provided as an example of what the car would look like without the wrap. We are in the process of getting the car unwrapped and we will post updated photos when the process is completed.

Maybe the car is owned by an LLC with multiple business partners?

http://www.nvannualreport.com/entities-FLLC-RMR-REVOLUTION-LLC.aspx

I guess the eBay "RosenblumR" seller, recently got a Karma?:
New Shadow owner in Las Vegas
A couple of issues and questions.

Robert Roeper is a legitimate contact.

I think that this one is getting STRANGER by the minute.

I was contacted by Robert W as well- clearly the scam as the pics were of 2 different orange Teslas...and when I questioned the carbon fiber hood on one and not the other he said one was a 'cover'.
Today I was contacted by a different Robert. This one claims to be representing Russell Rosenblum. Is this another scam? He said that he got my email from this site (as I had expressed some interest in it via PM when the owner was inquiring about how/where to sell. This email is one that refers to the duplicate title.

Any thoughts?

Sometimes I feel like responding to threads like this will somehow come back to bite me, but I feel like I need to clear things up here.

I am russell rosenblum. I am the owner of the Tesla (although I think we purchase it in the name of an LLC for liability purposes).

Through a private equity firm I have an interest in, I own an interest in Revolution Cleaners in the Denver area. Because Revolution uses Co2 instead of perch to clean it performs better and is more enviornmentally friendly. Co marketing with Tesla seemed to be a natural match. So I bought the Tesla for that purpose (and picked Orange because that is the Revolution color).

In any event we often used the car at Denver Nuggets games (where we used to be a sponsor).

We no longer actively use the car for marketing, so I had someone that works for me (Robert Roeper), post on this board to get an idea for resale value, and then list it on ebay under my account.

When we thought we had a solid offer, we realized that the title was in a safe on the east coast, where the person with access to the safe was on the west coast, so rather than fly back and forth across the country (and not work), we did order a duplicate title. We subsequently destroyed the old one. I never thought it could cause this much of an issue.

The car has been subsequently un wrapped, as we thought we had it sold.

We are close with a couple of buyers, and one has until the end of the week to make a deposit, or we will re-list the car.

Yes it is true we had thought it was sold at 79.5 which fell through. It is also true that while I think I should get 85 or so for the car (largely based on what I have read here), I would rather put this behind me and move on, so something close to that 79,500 will be fine. Too much below and obviously we will just continue to try to sell.

I have no idea who Robert from PA is, and I do suspect that is a scam. That said, I was never approached by Robert from PA, but am assuming that the allegation that he is trying to sell a car is true.

So in general, not sure exactly what to say, other than I really (through an LLC) own this car, I am really selling this car, I have title to this car, and that I have no idea who Robert from Pa is (keep in mind this is not Robert Roeper who is the company counsel).

Oh, and for TEG. Good catch. I did buy a Fisker Karma, and I do live in Las Vegas. Getting the Karma had nothing to do with selling the Tesla, timing just coincidental, as the Tesla was for the company in Denver, and the Fisker was meant for my family in las vegas. I would have had the Tesla shipped to Vegas and just keep it (and I still might), but my wife does not want any more cars in the garage, and I already have a 2 door sports car.

I would be happy to answer any more reasonable questions about the car.