Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#506 Electric Blue - Newport Beach, CA [SOLD]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pharma5

Roadster F#25, Model 3 #36xx
Nov 22, 2011
central NJ
Phillips Auto is asking $64,980. Has 44,513 miles and comes with matching hard top... pic of ~3/4 battery charge implies full range mode charge of ~209 miles, to be checked of course. Will be interesting to watch as one of the highest mileage cars to become available in recent memory...

Cars.com: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...pp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national&listType=1

Phillips Auto site:http://www.phillipsauto.com/web/used/Tesla-Roadster-2010-Newport-Beach-California/5917365/

Tesla Roadster 506.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so tempting. If only car seats could go in the front.

i think one of the cars listed in the past month mentioned a retrofitted switch for turning off the passenger airbag to allow use of a car seat... someone else may be able to help.

- - - Updated - - -

That is so tempting. If only car seats could go in the front.

got it - this one mentions an aftermarket mod that may interest you..."Airbag Shutoff (aftermarket) - child-seat friendly!":
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/12018-Last-chance-at-2011-Roadster-2-5-1196-Thunder-Gray-19K-miles-75K-Denver-CO

I don't have any details on the mod, but if you post a message in the Roadster forum I am certain you can get the info.:smile:

I put a deposit on this car, and should be picking up tomorrow. Drove over four hundred miles from San Jose, hope to bring another roadster into the bay area.

Are there any specific things I should look at tomorrow before purchasing?

Thanks

Check the ideal miles shown for a full standard mode charge... usually close to 190 on a new pack. Guessing 172 on this one :confused:based on the one pic.

Check for paint dings up front, as a low fast car with lots of miles...didn't see paint armor on the sticker. (Ask all the usual car questions about anything repaired/replaced, date of last service, warranty status).

Any tips on how to drive it back to San Jose?[/QUOTE said:
Slow! :biggrin: I've only had my roadster for a month and I love it! I like to drive between 75 and 80 mph but I can see that this really cuts into the range. It looks to me like I might only have 100 miles at that speed? In standard charge mode, my ideal miles are usually 176 miles charging at 32 amps. I am curious if anyone has range estimates for various speeds?

Thank you pharma5.

Any tips on how to drive it back to San Jose?

Suppose you are on the road now? Agree with PDude... slower = more range! You may be able to do this with one stop if you head out with a full Range mode charge and do the same for your pit stop.

Charging locations can be found on Plugshare, Recargo, and other sites. I believe there are some roadster HPC's deployed in CA(?) but don't have the info handy... possibly stop in on a fellow CA roadster owner for a few hours.

Range vs. speed is handled on this blog, which shows idealized Range mode charge on Model S as well as Roadster:wink::
http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/model-s-efficiency-and-range

Range vs. Speed - Roadster & Model S.jpg

Thank you pharma5.

Any tips on how to drive it back to San Jose?

Tesla Highway (look for the blue pins): Tesla Highway - Google Maps

You're going to have an easier time on the 101, because you have the 70amp charging stations at Rabobanks along the way. But you WILL need a J1772 adapter for that. Most of the Rabobank charging stations have been converted.

If you take the 5, you have a 70amp charging station at Harris Ranch. I've done both - using campgrounds to make up the diff.

Heading north, you'll want to stop at Castaic RV Park. There are some hotels within walking distance (check google maps for more info on that). That will give you enough to get to Harris Ranch. The 70amp charger is at the Shell station. If they don't have the key inside, the security guard should be able to unlock it for you. Next stop would be French Camp RV park near Manteca.

I've started my drive later than I had hoped today. I left Newport Beach with a 183 ideal miles at 2:30pm. I'm now at Tesla in Santa Monica trying to get a full charge. Still 336 miles to home.

jbadger - if you could post up something later with info on where you stopped, which route you took, and what adapters you needed along the way. I'm looking at other Roadsters down in the LA / San Diego area, and thinking about driving it home to Oregon. So I'll need to make the drive to the middle of Cali - and then the drive to northern Cali, and then the rest of the way home in oregon. I can follow Bonnie's footsteps for the latter two chunks, but I don't know southern Cali at all, and any insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated :)

And congratulations on the new ride!

Sorry this is too late for jbadger. But adiggs, HERE is a thread with details of places I charged in a trip from Seattle to San Diego. After that trip is when I started the Tesla EVSE map that Bonnie linked to above.

Unfortunately the trip was almost 3 years ago, so some details may have changed. For example, all the of HPCs at Rabobanks in S. Cal have been converted to J1772 units, so you need an adapter to use them AND you may arrive to find them in use by a Leaf or Volt or something. But fortunately they are reasonably close together, so you can usually make it to the next one.

I have taken several trips to CA in the Roadster since then, and have updated the map (and I see that I updated the Tesla Trippin thread in Aug 2011) after some of the trips (several other people have also contributed data to the map; I haven't been to all of the locations!). Later this month I'll be taking the Model S to Death Valley; this will be the first time I get to use Superchargers.

Last edited: