Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$50k Deposit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sell propane and propane accessories...
ad0b9f51e6066e9c52fc30fe40db2b6d-hank-hill-propane.jpg

Attachments

• external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 64
When I started this thread - August 12th 2019 TSLA share price $229

Today February 21st 2020 share price $886

So the $50k deposit would be $193k today - 6 months later. That’s a 386% return! Again, why would anyone put down a $50k deposit!!

Someone else basically asked the same question, I'll reply to your question with the answer I gave the other person.

You are framing it as if investing in Tesla was everyone else's only other option. I doubt for most it was one or the other. I would also assume if one can afford a 250k car that one makes a pretty good living.

Heck, was it worth it not to buy Tesla stock when it was $39 a share instead of whatever else this person bought at the time? Was it worth it to be married to your current spouse when your old flame turned out to be hotter in their old age,etc.etc.etc.

Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it.

:rolleyes:

I really don't think many people have actually taken the time to read the Roadster Reservation terms and agreements. It states that "If you proceed with the order, we will apply your Reservation Payment towards the order payment." https://www.tesla.com/sites/all/mod...t/en-US/TeslaRoadsterReservationAgreement.pdf

I can assure you those of us who chose to part with $50K understand that it's a deposit toward the full purchase price. I'm not sure I understand the point you are trying to make.