Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$50k Deposit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you seen Tesla’s track record on timelines? I don’t think we will see it for another 2 years, possibly a 2021-22model.
I agree. I don't expect to see any cars in 2020.

But to the OP's question - I think it would have to be viewed as a pretty bad sign if Tesla dropped the deposit before delivering any cars. Would be seen as a cash grab. Not that they're above that. . .

Realistically, if something were to happen to Tesla and the Roadster doesn't happen, would we get our deposits back?
Seems highly unlikely that Tesla completely folds. Someone would take it on along with the obligations.

If it were to go thru restructuring I'd expect we'd be amongst the creditors - not a great position at all. But again, far fetched.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Do you think they will ever lower the deposit amount to something reasonable like $5 or $10k? I would love to order one but unless they are going to pay me 7% interest while using my money then I will not be putting a deposit down on one. Heck they can even make it a $5k non-refundable deposit.
which bank pays 7% interest on a 5k deposit?

Seems highly unlikely that Tesla completely folds. Someone would take it on along with the obligations.

If it were to go thru restructuring I'd expect we'd be amongst the creditors - not a great position at all. But again, far fetched.

You would be an unsecured creditor. Basically last in line! I know first hand. Look up eclipse bankruptcy.

Reactions: gowthamn