Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$51 PG&E bill but true-up isn't until December?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Just got a $51 bill (B&W bill should be available in about 5 days). Normally it's just the $10 / month for minimum billable. Now I did just add 4.8 kw to my existing 8.16 kw system and it was just PTOed on 7/28, but I have $300+ net cumulative credit.

Did PG&E just reset my true-up and wipe out my net credit???

Just got a $51 bill (B&W bill should be available in about 5 days). Normally it's just the $10 / month for minimum billable. Now I did just add 4.8 kw to my existing 8.16 kw system and it was just PTOed on 7/28, but I have $300+ net cumulative credit.

Did PG&E just reset my true-up and wipe out my net credit???
Please post the section of the bill with this.

So yup. True-up was reset. I don't have the B&W bill yet, but the amount just about adds up NBCs accrued to from December 20th to July 28th minus the minimum billable is within 10 cents of that amount. On the plus side, July is a way better month for me to true-up than December.

So yup. True-up was reset. I don't have the B&W bill yet, but the amount just about adds up NBCs accrued to from December 20th to July 28th minus the minimum billable is within 10 cents of that amount. On the plus side, July is a way better month for me to true-up than December.
why is July better than December? Either way it is 12 months

• Love
Reactions: BGbreeder
why is July better than December? Either way it is 12 months

My true up 12 months is March - Feb. As you say, "12 months is 12 Months", but from a psychological point of view, in my case, I always start my year with a negative balance (the utility has a credit on my account) because March is when my production is greater than my usage.

So, for me, all year I have a credit at the utility, and pull from that credit in fall / winter. I like very much seeing a negative number most of the year with the utility, at least until it crosses over and my credit is gone, which happens in month 11 or 12. (I owed like $80 on my true up bill last year).

Its all the same at the end, but I like seeing "them owe me" most of the year, rather than "me owe them" most of the year.