Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5252-mile Road Trip through the Pacific Northwest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello my TMC friends,

I am very happy to share how I took my family of four on a 20-day 5252-mile road trip entirely using my S this summer:

Tesla Model S - Pacific Northwest Road Trip

Our travels through the Pacific Northwest took us to see National Parks, beautiful sites, and scenic byways including Glacier, Olympic, Mount Rainier, Crater Lake, Mount St Helens, and Redwoods. My site documents how we traveled using both Supercharger and Destination Charging and were successful despite the global pandemic and our return at the start of some of the largest wildfires in California history. It definitively proves the resilience of Tesla's technology.

Please share with any BEV road trip naysayers to show how an all-electric family road trip can be done. Checking off 17,111 miles of all-electric long-distance travel, we've got this BEV road-trip formula down.

Please enjoy!

birdWomanFallsAfternoon200807.jpg

cloudcapOverlook200817.jpg

mountRainier200813.jpg

rockefellerLoopParking200818.jpg

goldenGateBridge200819.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Your story is inspiring. What battery pack do you have?
Happy to participate, and yes I hope this helps show that BEV road tripping is real to show we can leave ICE behind and instead get a proper 21st-century car. Mine is a 100 kWh pack in a 2018 Model S, so with the Arachnid 21” wheels, we did this with “only” ~327 miles of range rather than 400+ of today’s S.

What a great looking car! ;-)
View attachment 603143
Agreed! ;) I always liked the turbine-blade wheels since having it in my P85 from 2013, but after 7 years I wanted a change to make my next Model S a little more distinctive, and those Arachnid wheels deliver. I very rarely see in person any other Tesla with Arachnid's. While in Glacier National Park a nice fellow gave a complement that, put together that way, it "looks sharp".