Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

536 mile road trip in a 60kWh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they have a parking garage I bet they have 110v outlets near stairwells or utility columns. Or you can always just leave it at an RV park overnight like I was originally going to do.

There was a thread a while back on hotels in FL with charging...http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9843-Hotels-in-Florida-with-Charging-Stations

When we got back to our car at Ft Myers Monday and there was a red parked right next to me I thought it might just be you...but alas, it was an 85 so I knew it wasn't. It would've been funny had it been you since you work like two blocks from my house yet I've never once seen you out and about!

Thanks time for a st Pete tesla rendezvous!

Thanks time for a st Pete tesla rendezvous!
Sea salt caramel gelato!

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to know that your charging glitch was nothing serious and probably related to the outlet. When I had the blue-flashing green-red sequence about 3 weeks ago, nothing that I tried would work and the dash showed the "unable to charge" message. Did your dash have this message? The problem was eventually traced to a defective master charging unit which had to be replaced (I wrote a post on this). Any final opinions on exactly what gave you the problem?
No message on the dash, thankfully. I took the car to the service center this afternoon to have the tires rotated and asked them to check my UMC. They just gave me a brand new one after testing that it worked.

Since it would charge steadily only at night when on 110v, and seemed to stop once it got closer to noon I'm convinced it was related to ambient temp somehow. Then again, I work for a bank.

I did ask about rain and the impact on range, it's definitely the drag from the wet road.