Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

55K for 100D Model X from Tesla??

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
Wow that’s tempting. Shame about the basic autopilot - what’s the cost to upgrade to EAP these days? $2k transportation fee for me, too
I think it ultimately depends what you want. fsd seems gimmicky to me. all I want is highway cruise + autosteer

Reactions: DanCar

Electric-fied

Jun 18, 2018
united states
I think it ultimately depends what you want. fsd seems gimmicky to me. all I want is highway cruise + autosteer
Exactly my thoughts... Well I think at this point is more of a money grab for Tesla. That aside still fairly good deal for these even the 6-seater MX mentioned even though missing PUP is a deal break for me.

Reactions: ngng

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
Basically, as of now, it has everything FSD has outside of traffic and stop sign controls for less than half the price. And I haven’t been super-impressed in watching the FSD videos I’ve seen on YouTube.

same here. was just curious if i was crazy. i have no desire to use any computer assist on side streets

Reactions: El joe

BlackM3

Nov 2, 2017
Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, CA
What is the disadvantage of just basic autopilot? just curious
The biggest disadvantage of basic autopilot for AP2 is that it doesn't change lanes on the freeway, even if you press the turn signal. Instead, you have to disable autopilot, change langes, then re-enable autopilot. All those sounds of disengaging and re-engaging mute/interrupt your music playing. I have FSD so luckily I don't have to deal with that, I just press the turn signal and it changes lanes safely. Occasionally I use navigate on autopilot too. I also use FSD on city streets with support for traffic lights/following through intersections every day.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
The biggest disadvantage of basic autopilot for AP2 is that it doesn't change lanes on the freeway, even if you press the turn signal. Instead, you have to disable autopilot, change langes, then re-enable autopilot. All those sounds of disengaging and re-engaging mute/interrupt your music playing. I have FSD so luckily I don't have to deal with that, I just press the turn signal and it changes lanes safely. Occasionally I use navigate on autopilot too. I also use FSD on city streets with support for traffic lights/following through intersections every day.

i don't believe that's correct. any iteration of "autopilot" will change lanes with a manual turn signal press.

Lefix

Mar 20, 2021
Tracy
i don't believe that's correct. any iteration of "autopilot" will change lanes with a manual turn signal press.
I have autopilot on a new Model Y and it doesn’t change lanes with signal press... it’s only available on FSD for me.

I think the older models EAP (enhanced autopilot) allowed for changing lanes on signal press...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC