Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

55K for 100D Model X from Tesla??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Certainly the mileage playing a factor in that one.., Check this 17' MS 100D for $40K!! Just shy of 100K miles but $40K and you have 1yr/10K miles of Tesla coverage (not much but something)

Reactions: DanCar

Certainly the mileage playing a factor in that one.., Check this 17' MS 100D for $40K!! Just shy of 100K miles but $40K and you have 1yr/10K miles of Tesla coverage (not much but something)
Wow that’s tempting. Shame about the basic autopilot - what’s the cost to upgrade to EAP these days? $2k transportation fee for me, too

Wow, what a great deal. I'd probably jump on that if I were in the market for a new-to-me Model S.

What is the disadvantage of just basic autopilot? just curious
The biggest disadvantage of basic autopilot for AP2 is that it doesn't change lanes on the freeway, even if you press the turn signal. Instead, you have to disable autopilot, change langes, then re-enable autopilot. All those sounds of disengaging and re-engaging mute/interrupt your music playing. I have FSD so luckily I don't have to deal with that, I just press the turn signal and it changes lanes safely. Occasionally I use navigate on autopilot too. I also use FSD on city streets with support for traffic lights/following through intersections every day.

The biggest disadvantage of basic autopilot for AP2 is that it doesn't change lanes on the freeway, even if you press the turn signal. Instead, you have to disable autopilot, change langes, then re-enable autopilot. All those sounds of disengaging and re-engaging mute/interrupt your music playing. I have FSD so luckily I don't have to deal with that, I just press the turn signal and it changes lanes safely. Occasionally I use navigate on autopilot too. I also use FSD on city streets with support for traffic lights/following through intersections every day.

i don't believe that's correct. any iteration of "autopilot" will change lanes with a manual turn signal press.

i don't believe that's correct. any iteration of "autopilot" will change lanes with a manual turn signal press.
I have autopilot on a new Model Y and it doesn’t change lanes with signal press... it’s only available on FSD for me.

I think the older models EAP (enhanced autopilot) allowed for changing lanes on signal press...