Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

599 Sentry Mode Events

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious about something. I know that sentry mode can be a bit of a drainer, especially if it's this copious amount of events, but how much space does something like 599 events take up on an SSD? I'm planning on getting a 500GB one for my car and wanted to know if that was going to enough as I plan on using Sentry Mode quite a bit.
Currently I have 25,047 files on 499.42GB

• Helpful
Reactions: JohnnyBoy011
Curious about something. I know that sentry mode can be a bit of a drainer, especially if it's this copious amount of events, but how much space does something like 599 events take up on an SSD? I'm planning on getting a 500GB one for my car and wanted to know if that was going to enough as I plan on using Sentry Mode quite a bit.

Depends on the events. Events with a full ten minutes take about 1.28 GB each. Events with less take substantially less. About 320 MB per minute of video. Old events get erased, and you can clear the drive manually.

I would not normally expect ~600 events though, but to put it into perspective, 500GB generally will hold about 64 hours of footage, and in Sentry mode that would involve the sentry being triggered nearly non-stop for almost all of three days straight.

• Helpful
Reactions: JohnnyBoy011
Depends on the events. Events with a full ten minutes take about 1.28 GB each. Events with less take substantially less. About 320 MB per minute of video. Old events get erased, and you can clear the drive manually.

I would not normally expect ~600 events though, but to put it into perspective, 500GB generally will hold about 64 hours of footage, and in Sentry mode that would involve the sentry being triggered nearly non-stop for almost all of three days straight.
I’ve had over 5,000 events on five day trip at the airport. Multiple times.