Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5Hrs Order to Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats - I had a similar issue and it was so soon I had to delay delivery. That delay cost me 4 months - although now I have a 2021 MYP... So some of the updates that I wouldn't have had back in August of last year.... It is what it is.

I enjoy seeing happy Tesla experiences (especially since I am a stock holder too)

I told my gf that I just need to take delivery so I can get out of the vortex.
Congratulations on getting a car that quickly.

The good news - you may be out of that vortex.

The bad news - you'll be finding any excuse to drive that Y. The further the better.

Worse, all your friends and family will have to endure endless Tesla talk.

Our younger daughter and her husband got their LR Y in December. I got a turn behind the wheel, it's very good.

On this forum I saw a post in early Dec. about a field full of blue Tesla MY's near the factory. I then, a day or two later, noticed that the price of the Blue paint job on the MY was down to $1.000. I figured they had a surplus and two weeks later I was sporting out of the delivery center in my new MY.
A perfect car in every way. Not the slightest blemish to complain about and a real pleasure to drive.
I bought with a cashiers check. They checked over my trade in, accepted it, and the whole delivery took about half an hour.
I only wish I had known a couple of years ago what it was like to drive the car. In my heart of hearts I could not help but believe that it was really just a golf cart with nice upholstery. This is a serious car that is a pleasure to drive and to own. Just one example - be careful when you enter a destination using the voice command. If someone else in the car is talking it will pick up every word PERFECTLY. Also you can enter a destination like NAVIGATE TO THE GERMAN RESTAURANT and it will find all of the restaurants in the area that serve German food.
A week into my ownership we took a 500 mile up and back road trip. Once again all of my expectations were met and exceeded.
A good end to a really crappy 2020.

Congrats! But I'm a bit confused, I thought only red costs $2k all these time. Something changed? is it no longer "multi-coat"?

Reactions: DonaldBecker
Congratulations on getting a car that quickly.

The good news - you may be out of that vortex.

The bad news - you'll be finding any excuse to drive that Y. The further the better.

Worse, all your friends and family will have to endure endless Tesla talk.

Our younger daughter and her husband got their LR Y in December. I got a turn behind the wheel, it's very good.
100% true! I ordered on. 9/4 and took delivery on 9/29...drove 3k miles in the first 2.5 months. My average is 666 miles per month pre-covid.

I’ve noticed me talking about my car to friends too...I’ve noticed we all do it because we just love the car and what it’s capable of. I let one of my friends drive theY and he said his next car will def be electric. This from someone who resisted it a couple of years ago...he chose a Jag F pace instead.

You are getting car that someone refused or someone just decided to wait for things above.
Not necessarily a "reject" as Tesla builds a number of cars on spec for cases like this i.e., being able to match an existing inventory car with a custom order for fast delivery. Living in California as the OP does can help as that is generally where a lot of inventory is.

I don’t think my car was “delivered” and rejected as it was in flawless shape inside and out with very low miles, less than 10. Also considering the build date was less than a week before I picked up its more likely someone’s car was ready and they canceled before delivery.

In any case I love the car!

I also do believe Tesla knows the run rate and common specs so they make cars for locations like Costa Mesa delivery center for fast distribution.

I don’t think my car was “delivered” and rejected as it was in flawless shape inside and out with very low miles, less than 10. Also considering the build date was less than a week before I picked up its more likely someone’s car was ready and they canceled before delivery.

In any case I love the car!

I also do believe Tesla knows the run rate and common specs so they make cars for locations like Costa Mesa delivery center for fast distribution.

Yes, I expect that it was a 'speculation' car, shipped as back-up or in hopes that it would be sold.

It probably wasn't a reject, unless you count someone not being able to line up financing on New Years Eve as a reject.

The Model y has very few hard options, and some color combos aren't going to be popular. Certainly the base white with black interior is the most popular, perhaps even if it wasn't the least expensive. Wheels are trivial to swap during prep, and adding a tow hitch is an hour or can be a service visit.