Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$5k Delivery fee? Really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does that also come with some extra special services?

Was searching the CPO's and found one I liked, until I saw this:

Tesla Delivery Fee 70D.jpg

I've had a car or two shipped long haul across the US and 1200-2000 isn't unreasonable, especially with some detailing and an educational chat at delivery. 1200 for meeting at the factory seems silly. Maybe 500, if it's spotless and they spend an hour or two with me.

Delivery fees are locked - no matter where in the U.S. (believe it is a law)
No - California does not waive delivery fees for delivery in Ca.

We picked up a couple BMW's in Germany for 2 weeks - returned them to factory - BMW shipped to our local dealer with regular new cars. Ordered from different U.S. dealers. Delivery fee was same as at all BMW dealers - even cars on the lot. Our deliveries were on both coasts of U.S.

People questioned delivery fees for their just introduced Tesla (factory pickup or shipped to Florida) - fee is same.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
I've never paid more than $800 to ship to either coast, northern or southern parts. Granted, it's been a few years since I've done that. I could swallow $1200 when considering large company mark ups (Tesla) and the associated detailing from being on a truck. $2k seems excessive, especially at today's fuel prices and the presumed volume of shipping that Tesla does. $5k is insane and better involve a boat or plane, but in reality it doesn't matter because I'd never pay that. Maybe I'm also just a cheap curmudgeon, too. TX is in the middle of the country, we're not talking about going the whole length of the USA.