Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5K miles efficiency update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the Bay Area (aka Tesla central) and have been driving my MY since late June 2020. The Bay Area is a very urban area surrounded by mountains and I go up and down these mountains (2000 ft) nearly ever time I drive.

Mileage: ~5000
Wh/mi avg: 257

MY_5K_efficiency.jpg

I live in the Bay Area (aka Tesla central) and have been driving my MY since late June 2020. The Bay Area is a very urban area surrounded by mountains and I go up and down these mountains (2000 ft) nearly ever time I drive.

View attachment 632820

that’s really good!

2020 PUP delivered in July, SW Ohio
I’m at 5800 miles
Wh/mi: 326

05F40B71-023F-4303-9BB0-E2F4C1AADBC6.jpeg

Reactions: mark95476 and VikH
Yes, a lot of urban surface roads with traffic lights. Freeways as well like 101, 280, and Hwy 17 too. I typically use autopilot when I'm on surface roads and freeways.

I "drive" when I'm heading into the mountains. :) Consumption then goes very high (>900W in big hump) for miles at a time and is highly variable (traffic, cyclists, hikers). I try to head out when I think I can get a good open run. It's crazy, but this is hypermiling for me.

MY_Mountain_Eff.jpg

257 is fantastic. That's below Tesla's rated range! I can only guess these are low-speed roads?

My average is well over 300; it doesn't take much >65mph driving to do that. I'm hoping the warmer months will bring it down.

View attachment 632820

Thanks for the screenshot @mark95476, you just taught a Tesla nubie that I can rename the Trip Meters! I actually went looking for the "Lifetime -- DO NOT RESET" trip meter... :). With only 800 miles, I had never tapped the 'three dots' to reset so didn't know I could rename.

Reactions: mark95476