Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5lb 8oz rotors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Al & Ti

I know, they'll never work and I'm going to die in a fiery wreck....

20180312_180627.jpg

The discs are thinner than stock so ideally you need thicker pads, can’t remember the number. Took a while to bed in. Had them off while I was playing with my wheels. Have to check at some point to see if they were effected when they got charred. I’m pretty sure they survived other than cosmetic damage

What happened, I had a ‘high tech garage of the future’ incident. I wish I was low tech. Seriously the squirrels chewed through a lighting cable, the 120 year old barn/garage went up like a tinder box. The Chrysler ESS was uneffected but they would not let me keep the cells. Most of the rear of the garage had my ICE engine components so no real harm. The front received more water damage post fire. A few tires got crispy, the diss were on a towel to stop them getting dusty, as you can see, most of the towel survived. The race car, lathe and race tires didn’t do so well.
B95C92D6-4C09-4429-B9EF-94C3AA7546AA.jpeg
43E7BC04-061C-444D-8F60-52B9300BFCA6.jpeg
8405E05D-1A2A-46A2-8D40-BAF9977AA44E.jpeg
For what it’s worth, the Cayenne fired straight up and drove out. It was destroyed cosmetically, but other than parking sensors, it drove fine.