Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5th Midwest Tesla Gathering -- NCM Motorsports Park Aug 3rd (Registration Closing Soon)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Join us for the 5th Midwest Tesla Gathering at Register — 2019 MWTG ! The NCM Motorsports Park is a 3.2 mile road course that will provide plenty of adrenaline pumping fun for any skill level. We are anticipating about 90 or so cars form the US and Canada at the event. Registration ends soon!

All day road course access (full grand)
Access to Friday night Meet and Greet
Lunch at the track
Happy Hour with Hors-d'oeuvres
Dinner at the National Corvette Museum
Access to the Corvette Museum

NCM Motorsports Park in Bowling Green Kentucky

Cross posting for local visibility
upload_2019-6-14_8-59-12.png

A few more details around the event. We are proud to announce that Andy Slye is our guest speaker this year! We have also brought on a few more sponsors so we should some pretty great door prizes and gift bags!

Registration for the Midwest Tesla Gathering closes this weekend so if you would like to come please register asap. We would love to have you at the event! We will be hosting a happy hour on Aug 2nd the night before the event as well so if you sign up be on the lookout for those details.

We will have Nema 14-50s available (Just bring your mobile charger), and the supercharger is about 8 miles away.
Saw this post about relying on 14-50's to support a day at a track and thought I'd share my experience....

Having spent a day at GingerMan Raceway, MI last summer, I found that charging at the max 12 kw or 48 amps @ 240 v, utilizing facilities Tesla wall charger, wasn't enough to keep up with racing that day (20 minutes sessions, 3 run groups). The delays due to charging time, caused me to miss 4 out of the total 9 race sessions due to needing to charge & finally at the end, the desire to leave with 15% SOC so I could make it to a SC 35 miles away.

To be fair, this track was very fast (hit 130 mph on back stretch many times in the 20 minute sessions) and very rough on brakes (boiled over in last two sessions of the day). This resulted in probably the worst wh/mi the m3p will ever witness :S

Tips for this track if travelling from afar. They do have 14-50's that you can use, however the best is using one of their 3 wall chargers (one in tower, two in RV park off raceway a bit so bring a bicycle to quickly get car when it's your turn). Charge to 100% before racing starts that day! I started with ~80% SOC upon arrival, but couldn't keep up with energy needs :(

Fingers crossed electric racing grows fast!

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and mt09