Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5th Wheel Requirement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a lot of talk about the Cybertruck being unable to work with 5th Wheel / Gooseneck trailers due to the sail pillars on the bed.

I remember seeing a lorry years back that was using a rather odd little contraption between the tractor unit and the trailer. Some Google Fu tells me that this is called a Jeep Dolly

p4Fw24Nh.jpg

I would imagine that it would only take some very slight modification of this design to lock the front to the rails in the back of the Cybertruck, and then the 5th wheel pivot point would be beyond the end of the bed, where the trailer would be free to turn as it would like.

I'm not an engineer so perhaps someone may be able to pick flaws in my cunning plan, but I did want to point out that where there's a need, someone will make something to fit that need.

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold
I also saw someone else's design where the connector for the 5th wheel was to the very top peak of the cybertruck rather than the bed. I don't know if that would be strong enough but they showed a picture of it being done historically with a different vehicle.

Believe that not being capable of 5th wheel is a false complaint.

Cybertruck most likely will have 5th wheel capability.

People seem to be making up all sorts of phony problems, with no substantiation other than their own imagination.

Some are looking at all sorts of edge cases to cast shade on the truck. For most, it will offer tremendous capabilities and great value.

Going to be transformational for many...but of course not for all.

People seem to be making up all sorts of phony problems, with no substantiation other than their own imagination.

Some are looking at all sorts of edge cases to cast shade on the truck. For most, it will offer tremendous capabilities and great value.

Right now, it can't. If it is redesigned, then maybe.

What is it with you guys? Do you use a 5th wheel on a F-150? I didn't think so, it is a half ton truck, like the Cybrtrck.

It is like saying Dodge has a new mini-van, and hoping it will seat 15 people.

If you need a one ton truck, like a F-350 dually, the Cybrtrck is not the vehicle for you. Maybe in the future another vehicle, perhaps a Semi with an axle removed and smaller tires, will be a Tesla 1 ton truck.

Until then, stop trying to to put two gallons into a one gallon fantasy.

Not gonna throw shade on yah with a disagree.. but I disagree :). I'm gonna go on a limb and say no way a 5th wheels is compatible with the CT, and that's OK!
Good thread.
Will the Cybertruck Be able to tow a 5th Wheel?

Last edited:
If anyone tells me the height of your fifth wheel trailer and hitch point I'll tell you if it fits.
It will fit some, but not all. The sail is not as high as it looks especially with the suspension down.