TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

6.1.2.2.113 installed. Now I have XM?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by DoctorV8, Jan 21, 2015.

1. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Member

Hey all,

I took delivery of my brown P85D a couple of weeks ago, with no pano roof, and therefore, no XM. Yet, after the latest update, I now see the XM option. Anyone else notice this?

2. wayner

wayner Active Member

I have a pano roof and UHF but I didn't see XM until I rebooted my main panel. Maybe it was the reboot that happens after the upgrade that caused this - had you rebooted since you got the car?

3. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Member

No, I had not. However, from perusing the forums, I was under the impression that no Pano roof= no XM. Not true?

4. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

I think that is true for orders going forward as of a certain date but when they announced it, previous orders would still have it.

Also, it was definitely the reboot that brought it back. When I took delivery of my P85D with a specific 6.0 software (don't remember the revision now) XM was not there. I did a reboot and XM was back.

5. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

To my knowledge the presence of XM radio should be dependent only on whether you have the ultra high fidelity sound system.

6. markb1

markb1 Active Member

This was changed, according to the Tesla design studio. Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors

Under Ultra High Fidelity Sound, it says:

Originally, before the first deliveries, Tesla had said you would need the pano roof for XM, but then apparently found a solution to antenna placement, and offered XM with or without the pano roof. They must have decided there was some issue with that configuration.

7. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Ah yes, I'm remembering that now. Thanks Mark.

8. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Tesla has no better engineering than that? An XM antenna is an easy thing. Many simply install it in the dash. I don't know where mine is but I do not have the pano roof. So it has been done already and I don't see any reason to undo what they have already accomplished?

OTOH based on the title of this thread I was sort of hoping to hear Tesla was now providing owners with free XM, possibly for reducing 3G bandwidth consumption of internet radio. Now that I have Slacker trained its quite acceptable, even nice to be able to skip a song I'm not in the mood for, and blacklist the stinky songs. But there are hiccups. Usually when transitioning from WiFi to 3G. And then today 3G dropped out completely for hours until I reset the center console. Then a bit later dropped yet again. Update is scheduled for tonight. 3G was dead when I parked but it did connect to WiFi. So we'll see what happens.

9. Fezzik

Fezzik P67429

Check and see if you have an XM id on channel 00

10. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I do have an XM radio ID on 00, but no ability to select stations. Any hints on how to activate?

11. wayner

wayner Active Member

I called in to transfer over my sub from my previous car. I do not think you get a free three month sub with a new Tesla from at me reason.

12. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

You have to call XM, give them the ID, pay for the level of service that you want and they will turn it on. Expect to wait for assistance!!

13. rbohac

rbohac New Member

I have XM on my P85+ without the pano roof