TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

6.1 in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Dborn, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Well, I believe LGGD has received the update. Anyone else?

2. Mark E

Mark E Member

Not yet. :(

I did manage to get the wifi extended to the garage though - I had to reconfigure the access point there to 802.11g as the default of 802.11a/n couldn't be seen by the car. A bit slower but now works.

3. TesAus

TesAus Member

According to main 6.1 update thread here on TMC the secret is to align all of the tyre valves to the 12 o'clock position..... ;-)

I am sure that a new moon, pointing the car towards mecca or getting a black cat to walk under a ladder might also assist?

4. Mark E

Mark E Member

The car needs to be parked facing Freemont I think. ;)

5. TesAus

TesAus Member

#5 TesAus, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    I'd better start calculating the exact bearing to align the car to....

Updated----

Just googled it - the initial heading from Sydney to Fremont California is 56.2 degrees so slightly east of North East.

I am stuffed then. Just checked the heading of the car and it is almost exactly at 90 degrees to that! Maybe I need to park the car in the garage sideways.....

6. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Amazingly, mine has almost exactly the heading ENE!! Whoopee!! Since I am no longer at the marina, is tonight the big night? Rubbed my navel as well as spoke Afrikaans asking Elon for the GIFT of 6.1! Actually my valves were almost exactly at 12 position after I installed the Alloygators on Friday. So, they should still be in that position. All in all, the signs should all be there.
    It is going to dispel a whole bunch of myths if I now don't get it. After all, the release notes were in my Tesla on the 19 th already, so a lot more than the two days also noted in other threads.
    Incidentally the first one or two known 6.1 are both P85+ cars. Does that make a difference, I wonder?

7. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

That explains why I haven't got 6.1. My Model S is parked facing east at about Chile.
    Not enough space to face it any further North. :mad:

8. timpoo

timpoo Member

Should be getting my car today - will be interesting to see if it comes with the 6.1 prompt - will report back!

9. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Did not receive. So, all the omens above failed! I guess I will have to wait ( impatiently), although why, is a mystery. There are not that many cars in Australia that all of us could not be upgraded in one fell swoop. Maybe they are awaiting feedback of any issues before fully rolling it out...

10. timpoo

timpoo Member

I feel for you David - first the car wait, now the 6.1 wait...you'd be getting very good at waiting!

11. Gabz

Gabz Member

is it like your phone you have to plug it in to do the firmware upgrade ? i assume they have a check to ensure it doesn't happen while driving. so you need to plug in with prefect mobile phone reception facing ENE ?

12. stphw

stphw Member

I remember mine just wanted to be in park. Was in the underground carpark at Chatswood Chase when the prompt came up.

13. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Nah. Supposedly it is fully downloaded when you get the notification. You then just need to select a time when you do not plan to drive for at least 2 hours. Then it installs....
    Maybe i have been whinging too much so they are punishing me???

- - - Updated - - -

What time of day did it come in and how long ago?

14. stphw

stphw Member

12pm on Saturday.

15. Isbrown

Isbrown Member

Same with my brother's car.

16. Higgy

Higgy Member

Nothing for me yet...

17. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

not yet....

18. Mark E

Mark E Member

YES!

no, I'm kidding. Still waiting. :tongue:

19. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

Mine came though about 10am Saturday (11am NSW time). The car was on wi-fi but was pointing due-South at the time. (But it is a P85+, on the other hand I know of a P85+ located not far from mine that has the VIN just one before mine and it has not received the update - it is not on wi-fi though)

20. MangroveMike

MangroveMike Member

Mine is facing directly East towards NZ. I was hoping for some sort of mesh network through Steve West but he might still be on the banned list for updates :)

Whenever it comes will be fine. I'm still driving the best vehicle in the world!