Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is facing directly East towards NZ. I was hoping for some sort of mesh network through Steve West but he might still be on the banned list for updates :)

Whenever it comes will be fine. I'm still driving the best vehicle in the world!

I was told by an Austin Tesla employee that any car yet to be delivered will be handed over with 6.1. Apparently part of the prep is to ensure the car has latest updates before delivery.

Nope nothing for me. Still 6.0

Dborn i thought you were one of the first orders... i guess its random

Im heading to Tesla today to download some driving logs from an incident I had with a window tinting company's decision to take my car for a joy ride last week

Ill ask them about the update.

Hi jake, yes PLEASE. Please report back here. By the way, have not yet had the opportunity to try the Hunter grape juice yet. Will report THAT in a private message!!

Yep you should polish it off AFTER a drive, not like eerhm... before...

as for the update 6.1

I believe they pick certain batches with certain options that have been tested and verified on... as every car is fitted differently ie, sound, interior lighting specs etc, different running electronic systems / options / country.

They ran a full diagnostic on my car, took them over an hour, did not mention any upgrade availability, I guess its pushed on higher up the food chain

Some people who have bought their tesla two years ago before they had the auto pilot hardware, still don't have the update. So its definitely not about when you bought the Tesla.

It's here........

IMG_2002.PNG

I started the update at 19.30 approx.

As I predicted it arrived the day before I go away for a week on business (deja vu from original delivery which arrived the day before we went away for Christmas)

I'll let you know what version I get.

Last edited:
It is something like 2 hours, don't know exactly as you don't get a notification on the phone app so was checking periodically.
I did get a notification on my iPad. This morning at about 9.30.
I was out to the car as fast as possible to start the process- woo hoo . SOOO looking forward to the TACC which I assume is similar to the adaptive cruise in my Prius and which is a fantastic feature in that car.
Update took very close to 2 hours during which time the charging stopped but restarted once the update was complete.
New version is 6.1 (2.2.140)

Last edited:
Did the download this morning, and we drove to Leura this afternoon and tried out the TACC adaptive cruise, which is fantastic. When another car intrudes between you and the target car, the system locks on to the nearer car; when the target car leaves, and there is no target car available, the cruise reverts to the speed limit. The new rear view lines are excellent when reversing out of our difficult driveway. Love it!