Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V6.1 2.2.176 is now installed - seems we're ahead of the rest of the world with this particular sub release

Also, one thing I noticed today while playing with the 007 submarine mode (while still on 2.2.140) is that I can now turn the front fog lights on and off via the Controls menu

I'm pretty sure with 6.0 there was no button for that

V6.1 2.2.176 is now installed - seems we're ahead of the rest of the world with this particular sub release

Also, one thing I noticed today while playing with the 007 submarine mode (while still on 2.2.140) is that I can now turn the front fog lights on and off via the Controls menu

I'm pretty sure with 6.0 there was no button for that
m

Confirmed 2.2.176. Don't see any differences to release notes or anything else. Maybe it would fix the issues with dual motor cars if we even had them. Seems odd that we were early on the release schedule if that was what it was aimed at?

Has anyone else had an issue since 6.1 came out with songs on RDIO cutting out half way through? The track will 'play' to the end in silence then the next track will play normally. If I skip to the next track it will play normally as well.

I haven't had it happen since the minor update came out a few days ago, but I haven't played a lot of tracks either.

I also encountered a minor 'gotcha' with the minor update. My car was plugged in to charge, but I had stopped charging as the sun had gone down and I try to put solar electricity into my Model S as much as possible. I got the notification of the update at about 10pm so went out to the car to start the update. When I got in the car the next morning the car had charged to full after the update was installed with yucky dirty coal electricity.

. When I got in the car the next morning the car had charged to full after the update was installed with yucky dirty coal electricity.

How awful!

You owe it to the car to go on a long drive with plenty of full acceleration starts to flush those dirty electrons out of the system.

Then have a shower yourself and finally once the sun comes up let the car refresh itself with wholesome goodness from the sun.

Otherwise we will have to report you for electric car abuse!

Either that or buy some carbon offsets so that you can sleep at night? :)

Yeah. All updates will stop or interrupt the charging process and will then resume after it is complete. Probably because there is no computer control over the charging process. That control is part of Teslas secret sauce!! Maybe not so secret now that their patents are open market now.

I query weather the car has sufficient hardware for true autopilot you know.... I mean I think the car should have a REAR facing radar. I know it has a sensor ring (supposedly long distance, whatever that means)... BUT if the car was trying to change lanes, wouldn't the car want to know if there was another approaching vehicle in that other lane AND the relative speed of that vehicle? A radar would be able to say "Nope too fast" and not attempt the manoeuvre. But a sensor web would only be able to say "Well nothing here at the moment" and totally ignore that Ferrari about 100m racing down the highway and just cut across in front of him...

I query weather the car has sufficient hardware for true autopilot you know.... I mean I think the car should have a REAR facing radar. I know it has a sensor ring (supposedly long distance, whatever that means)... BUT if the car was trying to change lanes, wouldn't the car want to know if there was another approaching vehicle in that other lane AND the relative speed of that vehicle? A radar would be able to say "Nope too fast" and not attempt the manoeuvre. But a sensor web would only be able to say "Well nothing here at the moment" and totally ignore that Ferrari about 100m racing down the highway and just cut across in front of him...

I think they're just very confident that the Model S can out-accelerate that Ferrari :D

There is also a fairly complicated sensor sitting in the driver's seat too, that needs to execute the decision to change lanes when safe.

I don't see how rear facing radar would work, unless they mount them on the sides. You use your side mirrors when changing lanes. If someone is currently behind you, the rear facing radar isn't going to see the designation lane. Too many tailgaters.