TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Dborn, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Anybody in HK get the update yet? Apparently no one in Australia has yet.

2. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

We are still on ver 6.

3. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

Do you have Navigation enabled? In Japan and HK, there is no built in navigation, only Google maps (including search and traffic info, but no turn-by-turn navigation - as Navigon doesn't cover HK/JP).

Any other restrictions in your cars, which could make it necessary to adjust the update before releasing it?

Look in the built in manual: Controls->Settings->Manual - there are features described there which aren't available in 6.0. The manual even states that certain updates can be so new that they aren't covered in the manual yet, except in Hong Kong, it's the other way around: Some described functions are not available yet.

One of these is the option to select % charge rather than typical/rated range. It's in the manual, but not yet in the software.

4. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Australia has navigation enabled.

5. Eddy

Eddy Member

6. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

ETA HK, anyone?

7. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

I don't think we will see it until the Navigation update comes out in a month or two.

8. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

We have turn by turn navigation. No browser or homelink. No 6.1 either yet. We DOMhave the release notes on my Tesla page. I got that two days ago.

9. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

6.1 has started to roll out to some cars in Hong Kong over the past couple of days. It does not include navigation. Rollout appears to be very slow.

10. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Well, that sounds hopeful!!

11. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Mark, does 6.1 in HK have all the features, such as active cruise control?

12. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

If you log into your "my Tesla" release note of v6.1 is available there. I'm not the "selected few" so I don't have 6.1 yet.

13. DITB

I went to the service centre today to fix 3G (didn't work for three days). It took them 4 hours to change the sim card (but I also got a full charge, ice cream and coffee hehe).

I have the "old" 6.0, the one that says 1.67.??, not the newer 2.00.?? (both are V6.1). I told them not to bother to upgrade if it wasn't for 6.1, as I heard the "new 6.0" (2.00.??) was buggy. At first they denied that any cars in HK had 6.1 until I showed them a picture from the HK Tesla FB group - with 6.1 release notes on the 17" screen. They then admitted that a number of cars - by mistake from US - got 6.1 OTA (over the air) updates. Which is buggy and not ready for Hong Kong (yet).

So I still have the old version.

14. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

Reboot didn't work for you?

15. TechPreacher

TechPreacher Member

6.1 is currently being rolled out over the air in various countries. I am in Europe and got it yesterday night. And I heard from lots of other Tesla users that they got it as well. It's however being rolled out in stages, so it may take days / weeks for the update to reach users.

16. DITB

Hong Kong is different.

Our cars are right hand drive, which probably requires further testing. Our cars are also crippled, for instance no web browser allowed by law, navigation isn't yet installed and so on.

3fiftynine, they changed the sim card (took 4 hours) and it seems to work again now. I also got a full charge, ice cream and coffee. And saw a lot of new cars getting ready to be delivered.

17. MDK

MDK Aussie Member

The very first reports of 6.1 on this forum were from the UK, so I don't think RHD is a factor - although I'm curious if they fixed the "feature" where adjusting the climate control temperature via the scroll wheel changes the passenger side rather than the driver's (when not synced)

I also hope disabling the browser app is something they've rolled into the main software release (and that it disables it based on a market-specific identifier in the car) rather than a special build of the software, but it could be the cause of the delay

18. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

That was fixed in the 6.0 build that also disabled the web browser. It came out a few months ago.

19. MDK

MDK Aussie Member

Good to know! (am still waiting for my car to be delivered)

Also, 6.1 started rolling out in Australia today.

20. Vmax

Vmax Member

Did someone get 6.1 in the past week or is HK still on hold for the upgrade?