Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody in HK get the update yet? Apparently no one in Australia has yet.

Do you have Navigation enabled? In Japan and HK, there is no built in navigation, only Google maps (including search and traffic info, but no turn-by-turn navigation - as Navigon doesn't cover HK/JP).

Any other restrictions in your cars, which could make it necessary to adjust the update before releasing it?

Look in the built in manual: Controls->Settings->Manual - there are features described there which aren't available in 6.0. The manual even states that certain updates can be so new that they aren't covered in the manual yet, except in Hong Kong, it's the other way around: Some described functions are not available yet.

One of these is the option to select % charge rather than typical/rated range. It's in the manual, but not yet in the software.

6.1 has started to roll out to some cars in Hong Kong over the past couple of days. It does not include navigation. Rollout appears to be very slow.

I went to the service centre today to fix 3G (didn't work for three days). It took them 4 hours to change the sim card (but I also got a full charge, ice cream and coffee hehe).

I have the "old" 6.0, the one that says 1.67.??, not the newer 2.00.?? (both are V6.1). I told them not to bother to upgrade if it wasn't for 6.1, as I heard the "new 6.0" (2.00.??) was buggy. At first they denied that any cars in HK had 6.1 until I showed them a picture from the HK Tesla FB group - with 6.1 release notes on the 17" screen. They then admitted that a number of cars - by mistake from US - got 6.1 OTA (over the air) updates. Which is buggy and not ready for Hong Kong (yet).

So I still have the old version.

They then admitted that a number of cars - by mistake from US - got 6.1 OTA (over the air) updates. Which is buggy and not ready for Hong Kong (yet).

6.1 is currently being rolled out over the air in various countries. I am in Europe and got it yesterday night. And I heard from lots of other Tesla users that they got it as well. It's however being rolled out in stages, so it may take days / weeks for the update to reach users.

6.1 is currently being rolled out over the air in various countries. I am in Europe and got it yesterday night. And I heard from lots of other Tesla users that they got it as well. It's however being rolled out in stages, so it may take days / weeks for the update to reach users.

Hong Kong is different.

Our cars are right hand drive, which probably requires further testing. Our cars are also crippled, for instance no web browser allowed by law, navigation isn't yet installed and so on.

3fiftynine, they changed the sim card (took 4 hours) and it seems to work again now. I also got a full charge, ice cream and coffee. And saw a lot of new cars getting ready to be delivered.

Hong Kong is different.
Our cars are right hand drive, which probably requires further testing. Our cars are also crippled, for instance no web browser allowed by law, navigation isn't yet installed and so on.

The very first reports of 6.1 on this forum were from the UK, so I don't think RHD is a factor - although I'm curious if they fixed the "feature" where adjusting the climate control temperature via the scroll wheel changes the passenger side rather than the driver's (when not synced)

I also hope disabling the browser app is something they've rolled into the main software release (and that it disables it based on a market-specific identifier in the car) rather than a special build of the software, but it could be the cause of the delay