Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6.2 .188 performance testing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

fiksegts

Jan 6, 2013
Miami
insane more isn't more insane as per the release notes...

.188 was installed on my P85D, no increase in performance, it was actually a little slower...

0-60 MPH: 3.05
0-100 MPH: 8.13
11.56 @ 115.7 MPH

0-60 MPH: 3.10
0-100 MPH: 8.311
11.67 @ 114.7 MPH

runs both on 100% SOC on same road....

I guess that's what I just installed. I don't expect any change in performance on my 85...

I ran out to grab something from the glove box and my car notified me of an update. I knew I wasn't going anywhere (sick today) so I hit "install now" without really looking at anything too closely. :rolleyes:

The difference doesn’t seem like it’s big enough to call out the software as the culprit. It could have been so many other things, % of battery capacity, weather conditions, a couple patches of road dirt that weren’t there the first run, wind, I’m sure there ar others I’m not thinking of.

1 MPH difference in the 1/4 mile run being different is pretty disappointing, to say the least.

not sure why they changed the power output, wish there was an inverter log someone made to see the difference, so it can be confirmed there is less power being made, which it sounds like what is happening.

insane more isn't more insane as per the release notes...

.188 was installed on my P85D, no increase in performance, it was actually a little slower...

0-60 MPH: 3.05
0-100 MPH: 8.13
11.56 @ 115.7 MPH

0-60 MPH: 3.10
0-100 MPH: 8.311
11.67 @ 114.7 MPH

runs both on 100% SOC on same road....

What did you use to measure your 0-60 time?

it's just so slow on the top end, I haven't bothered to record it....

Are there any 60-130 times yet, or will this the top-speed need to be uncorked first?

- - - Updated - - -

vbox

What did you use to measure your 0-60 time?

- - - Updated - - -

nah... the car is super consistent, car isn't any quicker or faster with the latest update... patches of road dirt?

The difference doesn’t seem like it’s big enough to call out the software as the culprit. It could have been so many other things, % of battery capacity, weather conditions, a couple patches of road dirt that weren’t there the first run, wind, I’m sure there ar others I’m not thinking of.

if there's anyone that knows something about road conditions, weather factors, tire pressure, etc etc, it's fiksegts. he knows his stuff.

thanks for the posting up the times.... what's the 60-130 time? lol (kidding of course) -- that's the only thing i wish these cars had ~ top end

After installing .188 yesterday I noticed that my door handles extend and retract slower. Prior to .188 extend = .15 secs extend, .16 secs retract. After .188 extend = .1502 secs, retract = .1603 secs. Why would Tesla do this to us?! Like it's not bad enough we hafta wait .15 secs to get into the car in the first place. Let's see you blame THIS on road dirt or atmospheric pressure.

After installing .188 yesterday I noticed that my door handles extend and retract slower. Prior to .188 extend = .15 secs extend, .16 secs retract. After .188 extend = .1502 secs, retract = .1603 secs. Why would Tesla do this to us?! Like it's not bad enough we hafta wait .15 secs to get into the car in the first place. Let's see you blame THIS on road dirt or atmospheric pressure.

That does it, I'm refusing to install .188. Less power and slower door handles.