Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6/23/2017 - VIN 553XX Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I just picked up my MX today. Totally stoked. I wanted to share a couple pieces of info in case helpful to others.
  • I initially ordered on 5/29, finalized on 6/5, etc.
  • I had no production or quality problems at all. From reading these forums, it seems some are still getting problems, but I didn't. (I'll consider myself lucky.) I did diligently use the excellent checklist from these forums, which caused the delivery tech to get annoyed. At first, he even took the form from me and jokingly made like he was going to throw it in the trash. This behavior was insensitive (to the reality that I just dropped a lot of money on a purchase that I only want to verify for quality) and unprofessional (to the fact that I'm the customer). Other than that, delivery was smooth.
  • Here is a picture of the new FWD buttons on the interior.
    IMG_9100 (1).jpg
  • In the picture above, you can also see the matte black of the chair backs now. They are slightly soft to the touch. I'm not sure how well they will hold up over time, but that's what they look like FWIW.
  • Here are two pictures of car seats. You can see that the one in the foreground (a Recaro Performance Sport) fits well. The one in the back (a Recaro Proride) does not fit well. Both fit just fine in my previous car (a BMW 3 series), but the Proride has too much lean to it for the rear seats of the MX in a 6-seat configuration. What I ended up doing was converting the Performance Sport back to harness mode (for my 2 y/o) and using a backless booster (for my 5 y/o) which seem to fit just fine. If you have young kids, you should just be aware that the Recaro Proride may not fit too well; perhaps don't buy this carseat if you have a MX.
    IMG_9098 (1).jpg
    IMG_9099 (1).jpg

Cheers,
toga

Hi all,

I just picked up my MX today. Totally stoked. I wanted to share a couple pieces of info in case helpful to others.
  • I had no production or quality problems at all. From reading these forums, it seems some are still getting problems, but I didn't. (I'll consider myself lucky.) I did diligently use the excellent checklist from these forums, which caused the delivery tech to get annoyed. At first, he even took the form from me and jokingly made like he was going to throw it in the trash. This behavior was insensitive (to the reality that I just dropped a lot of money on a purchase that I only want to verify for quality) and unprofessional (to the fact that I'm the customer). Other than that, delivery was smooth.
  • Here is a picture of the new FWD buttons on the interior. View attachment 232546
  • In the picture above, you can also see the matte black of the chair backs now. They are slightly soft to the touch. I'm not sure how well they will hold up over time, but that's what they look like FWIW.
  • Here are two pictures of car seats. You can see that the one in the foreground (a Recaro Performance Sport) fits well. The one in the back (a Recaro Proride) does not fit well. Both fit just fine in my previous car (a BMW 3 series), but the Proride has too much lean to it for the rear seats of the MX in a 6-seat configuration. What I ended up doing was converting the Performance Sport back to harness mode (for my 2 y/o) and using a backless booster (for my 5 y/o) which seem to fit just fine. If you have young kids, you should just be aware that the Recaro Proride may not fit too well; perhaps don't buy this carseat if you have a MX.View attachment 232547 View attachment 232548

Cheers,
toga
Jealous! I ordered my MX on 5/23 and I am still in production

Hi all,

• I had no production or quality problems at all. From reading these forums, it seems some are still getting problems, but I didn't. (I'll consider myself lucky.) I did diligently use the excellent checklist from these forums, which caused the delivery tech to get annoyed. /QUOTE]
Hi Toga!

Congratulations! I am picking up my Model X 90D on Monday. Can you please provide me with a link to the checklist that you alluded to?

Thanks,

Andrew

I just picked up my X on Friday. Similarly, no major issue. The front seal on the drivers window slides over the glass the last inch or so when it fully closes, but otherwise the car is perfect. I also have ZERO ghosting on the windshield at night which was my biggest concern!
I also haven't seen any ghosting even when looking. I haven't been driving much at night recently (DST), so I'm hesitant to say it's not there vs "I maybe just haven't seen it yet."