Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6/27 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved in Feb if this year. You really think they can get us cars in 3-5 months when there are likely 300,000 people in line in front of us?

I am thinking they are going to move that 3-5 months out as they get more configs. And it would be delivered in the order of config ($2500) not in the order of reserve ($1000). Because they already promised 3 to 5 months to the people who configured, so they can't really wait and see if any early reservation people will jump in. This would be great for me as I just reserved a few days ago and already configured. My coworker reserved on the first day over 2 years ago and he configured today too.

Last edited:
Holy crap, I didn't expect to be able to configure today!

Holy crap, I want to configure but... I wasn't ready to today! Darn! Gotta make some choices!

I’m in the same boat. I was expecting not to be able to configure until spring and it would be an easy choice to get the SR at that time with the $3750 credit. The LR with $7500 credit is tempting. But...so spendy and delivery in the winter means the car gets beat up faster than if delivered in the spring or summer. UGH lol

I like the fact that they let me order before 7/1 so I can take advantage of the free data.

I don’t like the fact that they set the delivery date so far out now that I don’t know when I should start shopping for a loan. It used to be 3 to 6 weeks. Now 3 to 5 months... Rates are changing every 2 weeks or so. Once approved it’s usually good for only 30 days.

I hate the fact that they raise the price of my favorite color white another $500. I don’t think it justifies anymore. I got so pissed I went with the free black.

Still I’m glad I’m finally able to configure.

To me it’s just locking in more people and taking their $3500. So they can say, “Hey, our numbers were terribad and we can’t make more than 3500 per week, but look! We got XXXXX orders in the last week of July... that’s my suspicion

I also believe this is going to be the case. I might give them 4000/wk but Elon did say the doubters would be in for a shock so we will see.

These orders won't be claimed as new orders, they won't be claimed as delivered and they won't be claimed as in transit. One could argue, I suppose, that they are looking to get the extra reservation cash for the bottom line but I didn't think they booked the cash fully until the car was delivered. It would be really easy for investors to see through that though.

I think they did this because they have a large backlog of cars to deliver...

These orders won't be claimed as new orders, they won't be claimed as delivered and they won't be claimed as in transit. One could argue, I suppose, that they are looking to get the extra reservation cash for the bottom line but I didn't think they booked the cash fully until the car was delivered. It would be really easy for investors to see through that though.

I think they did this because they have a large backlog of cars to deliver...

LR AWD one’s or what? I don’t see how they have too many cars to deliver when they have 400,000 people waiting. Unless of course they’ve been holding back for the tax credit thing. Even then, I’m not sure that adds up.

Received invite tonight to configure too...4/1/2016 reservation. LR, standard black no additional options...A bit disappointed that delivery will be Sept - Nov when original window was May-July!
Same experience here, May-July estimate window but Sept-Nov Delivery after ordering. Also in SF Bay Area. However, I only have the option for home delivery -- I had to enter my home address for that. I'd rather pick it up at the Fremont factory as I'm just a 15 min drive away.

Attachments

• homedeliv.png
    homedeliv.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 58
Received invite tonight to configure too...4/1/2016 reservation. LR, standard black no additional options...A bit disappointed that delivery will be Sept - Nov when original window was May-July!

Same boat here. Had May-July but now it seems anyone can order. I’m not sure why I let them have $1000 for over two years if someone who ordered this year as a non-owner can order the same time as me.