Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6/27 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same experience here, May-July estimate window but Sept-Nov Delivery after ordering. Also in SF Bay Area. However, I only have the option for home delivery -- I had to enter my home address for that. I'd rather pick it up at the Fremont factory as I'm just a 15 min drive away.

How is this determined? I had the option of picking it up in Fremont or Sacramento (for SF zip code)

Same boat here. Had May-July but now it seems anyone can order. I’m not sure why I let them have $1000 for over two years if someone who ordered this year as a non-owner can order the same time as me.
Ya. Knowing this I would not have gave them $1000 for so long. Don’t think I’ll ever pre reserve for any future Tesla. The whole reservation experience has been pretty negative to me.

Same experience here, May-July estimate window but Sept-Nov Delivery after ordering. Also in SF Bay Area. However, I only have the option for home delivery -- I had to enter my home address for that. I'd rather pick it up at the Fremont factory as I'm just a 15 min drive away.

I had only the option of home delivery and I am also 15min away. I also tried a Fremont zip code and still only offered home delivery...

Has any recent orders been able to choose factory delivery?

Ya. Knowing this I would not have gave them $1000 for so long. Don’t think I’ll ever pre reserve for any future Tesla. The whole reservation experience has been pretty negative to me.

I get that this feels crappy, because you’ve been in line so long, and now it’s opened up to folks that recently joined the line.
However, I’m not sure what you would want Tesla to do differently though.
If they can supply all cars to everyone in this time frame, what should they do differently. ?
They could not ship a car to recent reservation holders, so you would feel better.
Not sure how that would help anyone, or Tesla.
It would make you feel better though I gues.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
Allot of factors play in here....

Tax Credit (7/1) which they delayed delivery to extend...
Premium Connectivity (7/1) which now anyone who had a reservation gets grandfathered in for lifetime.
Price Changes (7/1) which adjusts the FSD upward for after delivery order and the drop of AWD/P models

So it only makes sense that they open it up to everyone that were still in the queue as reservation holders... Tesla has fought hard (though pissing allot of people off) to be sure that they didn't hit 200k before that 7/1 date...

As a 4/28/16 reservation holder, I can only hope that I get the car sooner than those that just reserved in the last 6 months...

Allot of factors play in here....

Tax Credit (7/1) which they delayed delivery to extend...
Premium Connectivity (7/1) which now anyone who had a reservation gets grandfathered in for lifetime.
Price Changes (7/1) which adjusts the FSD upward for after delivery order and the drop of AWD/P models

So it only makes sense that they open it up to everyone that were still in the queue as reservation holders... Tesla has fought hard (though pissing allot of people off) to be sure that they didn't hit 200k before that 7/1 date...

As a 4/28/16 reservation holder, I can only hope that I get the car sooner than those that just reserved in the last 6 months...

If this were completely true they would let us order the SR model right now too. Even if we have to wait 9-12 more months to get it, why not offer the free connectivity thing for the SR buyers too? This still supports the theory that the 220 mi version is never coming.

Perhaps they could have a sooner delivery time (say 4 to 6 weeks) for those who put down a $1000 on 4/1/2016 or so? Now it looks like everyone has a delivery timeframe of 3 to 5 MONTHS.

Yeah that’s what doesn’t make sense. Are they ONLY going to make a AWD and P versions for the next 2 months or something? Why such a long delay? Surely they have enough cars to deliver some to those who ordered say a month ago?

I get that this feels crappy, because you’ve been in line so long, and now it’s opened up to folks that recently joined the line.
However, I’m not sure what you would want Tesla to do differently though.
If they can supply all cars to everyone in this time frame, what should they do differently. ?
They could not ship a car to recent reservation holders, so you would feel better.
Not sure how that would help anyone, or Tesla.
It would make you feel better though I gues.
I have loaned you $1000 interest free for so long. At least let me get my car sooner as a token of appreciation.

If this were completely true they would let us order the SR model right now too. Even if we have to wait 9-12 more months to get it, why not offer the free connectivity thing for the SR buyers too? This still supports the theory that the 220 mi version is never coming.

With Tesla, anything can happen..... It will be interesting to see if they open those up to configuration before 7/1...

You don’t know that they won’t yet. ...
They will likely still deliver based on reservation date.

Or they could ran out of die cast car and have to delivery to non-line waiters first! LOL. My coworker was a day 1 reservation (online) and I just reserved 4 days ago (day 900+?). We both put in our configurations yesterday. We both got 9-18 to 11-18 estimated delivery date. Maybe he will get his closer to 9-18 and I will get mine closer to 11-18, who knows.

Reactions: M109Rider