Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6/27 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think reservation date will still count too. With a 3-5 month window for everybody, there is disappointment for many and joy for a few. They now have the wiggle room to “exceed your expectations” if an earlier delivery works out. Here’s hoping July will tell the story. Poor communication tho.

I think reservation date will still count too. With a 3-5 month window for everybody, there is disappointment for many and joy for a few. They now have the wiggle room to “exceed your expectations” if an earlier delivery works out. Here’s hoping July will tell the story. Poor communication tho.

My guess is they held deliveries to wait on hitting 200K. I really think Elon is right about short sellers – July 1st, let the floodgates open!

I was part of the April invites and if Tesla had given me a more realistic estimate of 3-5 months and i got my car in July, i would have been totally fine. Nearly 10 weeks have gone by since ordering ...original estimate provided by Tesla 3-6 weeks... email received from Tesla in May pushed my delivery to June (some got July). June 28th is today and no contact, email, no vin on my telsa page, no smoke signals and no car....

Hopefully Tesla has provided you 6/27 invitees with more realistic time frames to not only meet but also to exceed your expectations... fingers and toes crossed for you!! I WANT MY CAR!!!:cool:

I certainly hope so but the lack of information from Tesla really left a bad taste in my mouth. I’m not even excited about being able to configure anymore. If I got my invite months ago, I’d have jump around the house like a kid.

I had only the option of home delivery and I am also 15min away. I also tried a Fremont zip code and still only offered home delivery...

Has any recent orders been able to choose factory delivery?
My registration address is out in the desert to the northeast of LA and the site auto assigned the Marina del Rey delivery center (which is ~80 miles & 2-3+ hours away depending on LA traffic). However, I bounce between home and the SF Bay Area (South bay) a lot which would make picking up the car from the Fremont delivery center super convenient (they don't deliver at the factory anymore). Every time I changed the delivery zip code to a bay area zip, though, the site prompted me for home delivery... which isn't really an option while I'm up there.

I've sent an e-mail off to Tesla to see what can be done.

I was part of the April invites and if Tesla had given me a more realistic estimate of 3-5 months and i got my car in July, i would have been totally fine. Nearly 10 weeks have gone by since ordering ...original estimate provided by Tesla 3-6 weeks... email received from Tesla in May pushed my delivery to June (some got July). June 28th is today and no contact, email, no vin on my telsa page, no smoke signals and no car....

Hopefully Tesla has provided you 6/27 invitees with more realistic time frames to not only meet but also to exceed your expectations... fingers and toes crossed for you!! I WANT MY CAR!!!:cool:

You’ll get it after July 1st so Tesla can ensure everyone, including you, gets the $7500. You’re welcome

You’ll get it after July 1st so Tesla can ensure everyone, including you, gets the $7500. You’re welcome
Wow, You really missed the point. i have no problem waiting until July for the car and additionally, i want as many people to get the tax credit as possible...it's all about setting expectations and communications to your customer. i am a strong supporter in the vision of Tesla and want them to succeed. They just need to be better at setting customer expectations...Period

and separately for the AP reporter trolling me....i don't want to become part of a story.

Couple things.

Time to order and time to delivery are two totally separate things. The fact that people who reserved even in the past few months can now ORDER is pretty meaningless IMHO. Tesla just wants to get confirmations and non-refundable deposits from as many eager buyers as possible. Not to mention ability to more precisely manage supply chain elements.

DELIVERY is a total unknown for the person making the order confirmation at this point. I'm sure they are going to process deliveries based on RESERVATION date other than some one offs for P and D production orders and how they choose to prioritize international deliveries for various reasons.. So, if someone CONFIGURES today and RESERVED back in April, 2018 - I highly doubt they are getting their car in 3-5 months. In the USA at least.

Also, I think at this point there are still well over 300K+ reservations out there. I think the last official figure we had was 450K, then we got info that about 25% orders cancellations had occurred (back in 2017). We don't really know how many NEW reservations have occurred during most of 2017 and 2018. I think there have been A LOT of new reservations - especially internationally in the interim.

with probably well over 500K orders (my best guess) we're looking at MANY MONTHS for recent reservations holders (anything in 2018) to get delivery (other than the exceptions I noted above)

I just received an email from an ISA saying my Model 3 is “finishing with production” and she’s asking me to confirm a whole bunch of information. If I’m not mistaken, Tesla wouldn’t email you until you’re close to your delivery date, would they?

I just got invite as well Aug 2017 reservation. Apologies to those waiting much longer it seems like the floodgates are open. It still says 7500 tax rebate is that likely I feel I pull trigger now? Also disappointed can’t get white interior on AWD non performance. Any input to which wheels are better, ie 19 “ wheels worth extra money?

The 18" aeros will yield better range, the 19" wheels come with better tires, contact patch on the tires is the same either way (235/45R18 vs. 235/40R19).
Thanks Petra! One more question do you know if tax credit is per car or 1 per household? I got MS earlier this year, if I order this 3 now will I get 7500 x 2 ( that was my master plan ) or just 7500? Then I should wait until 2019 get less credit but still something....

Thanks Petra! One more question do you know if tax credit is per car or 1 per household? I got MS earlier this year, if I order this 3 now will I get 7500 x 2 ( that was my master plan ) or just 7500? Then I should wait until 2019 get less credit but still something....
The tax credit is per car. If you owe enough taxes, then you can take advantage of it multiple times per yer.

As I recall, the tax credit is per car purchased, not per household. Obviously, you'd need a tax liability of at least $15k to absorb the full credit if you're intending on claiming 2 full credits in a single year.

LR AWD one’s or what? I don’t see how they have too many cars to deliver when they have 400,000 people waiting. Unless of course they’ve been holding back for the tax credit thing. Even then, I’m not sure that adds up.

So here's my hunch. They know the approximate pick up rate for the RWD version of the car. I'm guessing they have a decent backlog of these that they will claim shipping logistics with the sudden increase in production slowed their distribution, but will say they worked that out and deliver those quickly.

The line will then be devoted to AWD and performance vehicles now that they can manufacture those in high numbers.

I'm guessing they have an estimate on how many will get these. If we are really at 5k a week, we will see 100,000 more 3s in this delivery window.

I also don't think the SR version is a big conspiracy (not saying you said it, but others have). They said this was their big issue, it took them over 6 months to redesign and implement the new line. They wouldn't have started the design of the SR battery until that design was proven. We are at that point now, so the time line shakes out to me.

I get the wait sucks. I can't believe my car hasn't completely died. But I think we're seeing the end, and I do believe they are doing their best... They need the money!