Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6/27 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with a ton of people putting in their orders these last couple of days. Is it first come first serve in order placed? Or because the cars are not even being produced yet, could it be that production order is based on reservation time? It feels a little messed up that 100,000 people are so got an invite at the same time but if you were preoccupied for for five hours now all the sudden you're several thousand down the line in production because you weren't able to respond in order to complete your order.

So with a ton of people putting in their orders these last couple of days. Is it first come first serve in order placed? Or because the cars are not even being produced yet, could it be that production order is based on reservation time? It feels a little messed up that 100,000 people are so got an invite at the same time but if you were preoccupied for for five hours now all the sudden you're several thousand down the line in production because you weren't able to respond in order to complete your order.

Thats the million dollar question.... Tesla will not answer... Until they take everyone's Money. LOL remember the 2500 is non refundable.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

At least for those of us who were invited and ordered yesterday, what was previously the reservation number *is* the order number (no idea if this was the case for previous orders, or not.) That seems to me to indicate that deliveries of each config will proceed in (approximate) reservation order, with Tesla as-always reserving the right to go somewhat out-of-order for whatever logistical reasons they deem necessary.

But I got my order in and all my documents uploaded as soon as humanly possible, just in case. ;)