TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

6 Day Old MS90D Rusting

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by AWhit, Oct 3, 2016.

1. AWhit

AWhit New Member

Has anyone had issues with their MS rusting in any of the door and hatch sills? My car was delivered on Tuesday, with a minor bumper issue noted. After driving it in the rain all my door sills, frunk and trunk sills have 6-8 spots of rust on each. One exterior spot is rusting as well.

Of course I am notifying Tesla today but curious if anyone has had this issue before.

2. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

6 days old and rust on aluminum car hmmmmm

• Like x 1
  3. wdolson

wdolson Active Member

The Model S has a few steel parts, but the body is all aluminum. I believe the hinge end of the door has some steel in it, but most of the door is steel.

I would double check and make sure it's actually rust. I think odds are high it's something else. You may have some schmutz in there somewhere that just happens to be rust colored.

4. Jbailey

Jbailey Member

No rust on my 14 month old car....must be pollen or ketchup