Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 days after confirm and no VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my model S was confirmed on 10July and I have not received a VIN# as of today, 16July. I have spoken with Tesla headquarters and my DS, both saying this is common/normal. They assured me I am on schedule for a July-August delivery.

I can't help but ask this forum because I keep seeing people confirm their orders and get a VIN assigned the same day or following day.

Any experience you have with this would be appreciated.

Have a quick semi-related question: I ordered on 6/29, confirmed on 7/6, VIN assigned on 7/8 after contacting DS. My order was initially put in system incorrectly as an October (deferred) delivery by OA, so after confirmation I contacted DS and told him i instead wanted first available delivery. He told me I am in system for late August delivery, but "My Tesla" page has always said this under my VIN: "We are processing your order and will provide an estimated delivery date." I know the DS tends to be more reliable than the MyTesla page but is this common? Under the "What's Next" heading it shows "We are processing your order and will provide an estimated delivery date..." and under Pickup it shows Delivery as First Available (it initially said October), so i think things are headed in the right direction. But i'm just curious for those that ordered and confirmed as an earliest delivery date if their MyTesla page says something else or has a delivery window even before it has entered production. I'm hoping that production starts soon based on the order tracker and all will be updated accordingly, but as i'm sure everyone knows it's a little nerve-wracking at this point. Thanks.

I did NOT confirm, and tried to cancel multiple times. It seems to have auto-confirmed, and I immediately got a VIN.
Strange - you guys who want a VIN can't get one, and I get one and can't proceed.

Was there a button somewhere that I missed that said "confirm" or "not confirm".
How do I unwind this?

I did NOT confirm, and tried to cancel multiple times. It seems to have auto-confirmed, and I immediately got a VIN.
Strange - you guys who want a VIN can't get one, and I get one and can't proceed.

Was there a button somewhere that I missed that said "confirm" or "not confirm".
How do I unwind this?

The only option I know of currently is that it will automatically confirm 7 days after you order. I wanted to confirm early but was told I couldn't.

How do I unwind this?
Tesla is the one that confirms the order, not you. Did you call the Tesla 800 number at talk to anyone?