Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 hours old and two major issues: brake lights, headlights and car won’t turn off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has exceedingly poor build quality with the Model 3. Objective reports have confirmed the litany of posts on here.
In reference to your ‘personal experience’, it’s what scientists mockingly refer to as anecdata.
Do you post on the BMW forum about all their cars catching fire in South Korea because of a.defective part?

Tesla has exceedingly poor build quality with the Model 3. Objective reports have confirmed the litany of posts on here.
In reference to your ‘personal experience’, it’s what scientists mockingly refer to as anecdata.

Interesting where you see posts that talk about issues - that is an indication of systemic problems and 'exceedingly poor build quality'. On the other hand if you see a dozen posts that say my car is flawless - that is anecdotal.

And then of course, car forums generally attract people with complaints to get solutions.

Man if this is what is exceedingly poor build quality, I can't wait to see how amazing M3s coming out of the line will be in another year.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the issue. Fortunately, most problems appear early in ownership and can be taken care of quickly. That old "bathtub shaped curve" for problems over time. I had a new Subaru that become undrivable the night I took it home due to a clutch pedal issue. Was fixed up pretty quickly after being towed back to the dealer. My Daimler smart fortwo had an A/C problem that manifested the day after I brought it home from 3 hours away. In my family: Late model Honda Odyssey undrivable and towed after sensor malfunction within the first couple thousand miles. Mid-90s Toyota truck with blown head gasket and engine failure early on. It happens to every manufacturer.

Right. That's why I only used my personal experience to tell you how well I have done trusting my instincts, and my personal experience, when it came to buying TSLA and my Tesla back in 2013, when the fear mongers like you came to any thread with any problem and tried to tell us Tesla had "exceedingly poor build quality." I wasn't telling you my personal experience to say that was everyone's experience. I know some people have a bad experience and come to a forum to post, while very few post "all is good". That's just the reality of life that you can't, or refuse, to even acknowledge exists.

I guess if you can't even see how you argue against your own points, to try to make a point, then it's not even worth debating the issue with you. It's more like taking candy from a baby. Seriously, can't you see how foolish it is to say people's personal complaints are 'objective' whereas personal comments of 'no problems' are anecdotal? And that's even aside from the fact that I specifically took us out of all anecdotal evidence by posting this fact:

Car Brands Ranked by Owner Satisfaction

Anyways, I'm done with you. It's fun to have one of you left, after Tesla has proven its dominance and reliability, you keep squawking that the sky is falling and we all look at you like foolish Chicken Little because we've heard it so many time before. But something tells me Chicken Little will have another nonsensical reply for me. Perhaps you're really a Tesla supporter trying to make Tesla bashers look bad -- because you sure do a good job at that with your arguments that make most of us shake our heads and laugh.

OK, so with the dildo tangent, we'll bring it back to topic. I was pushed 28.3 this morning and the update went fine.

The brake light is still sticking on at times, and the headlight sensor was buggy one time. When both these happened, I lifted the brake pedal with my foot, and the brake lights turned off (per the car icon).

Now for another discovery; I have no EAP. Double tap D shows nothing but regular cruise. Im over 150 miles and no indication of calibration. Im assuming a double tap down should at least show that calibration is taking place if EAP was enabled.

I talked to a service rep today after having to go through roadside assistance for a human to answer, they confirmed that a build "bug" is leaving EAP off some cars. They have to escalate to an "engineer" to push an update.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Interesting where you see posts that talk about issues - that is an indication of systemic problems and 'exceedingly poor build quality'. On the other hand if you see a dozen posts that say my car is flawless - that is anecdotal.

And then of course, car forums generally attract people with complaints to get solutions.

Man if this is what is exceedingly poor build quality, I can't wait to see how amazing M3s coming out of the line will be in another year.
And there’s the ones who get fixed readily who never go onto a forum.
Still a fault.

Right. That's why I only used my personal experience to tell you how well I have done trusting my instincts, and my personal experience, when it came to buying TSLA and my Tesla back in 2013, when the fear mongers like you came to any thread with any problem and tried to tell us Tesla had "exceedingly poor build quality." I wasn't telling you my personal experience to say that was everyone's experience. I know some people have a bad experience and come to a forum to post, while very few post "all is good". That's just the reality of life that you can't, or refuse, to even acknowledge exists.

I guess if you can't even see how you argue against your own points, to try to make a point, then it's not even worth debating the issue with you. It's more like taking candy from a baby. Seriously, can't you see how foolish it is to say people's personal complaints are 'objective' whereas personal comments of 'no problems' are anecdotal? And that's even aside from the fact that I specifically took us out of all anecdotal evidence by posting this fact:

Car Brands Ranked by Owner Satisfaction

Anyways, I'm done with you. It's fun to have one of you left, after Tesla has proven its dominance and reliability, you keep squawking that the sky is falling and we all look at you like foolish Chicken Little because we've heard it so many time before. But something tells me Chicken Little will have another nonsensical reply for me. Perhaps you're really a Tesla supporter trying to make Tesla bashers look bad -- because you sure do a good job at that with your arguments that make most of us shake our heads and laugh.
Did you hear the one about about poor braking on the Model 3 having to be fixed after the leaving the factory?
This might explain why:
Build fast, fix later: Speed hurts quality at Tesla, some workers say

And interesting that Tesla refuse to release their fault data, when almost all other manufacturers do:
A Big Detroit Surprise in J.D. Power's New Quality Rankings
Vehicle Dependability Study: The JD Power Survey That Really Matters - ExtremeTech
My guess is because it doesn’t paint a pretty picture

You know delusion is a key symptom of schizophrenia?

Mind boggling that this model of car has soooooooo many issues. Are Tesla people half trained?
I'll take a BIG exception to that statement.

How many people get on and post when their delivery goes perfect?
How many posts have you seen that are "My car is working perfectly, can we post VIN to track these"

People post when they want to complain or surface issues. Go look at any other vehicle forum and you'll find the exact same thing.

I'd suspect that over 90% of the owners aren't having issues.

How many people get on and post when their delivery goes perfect?
How many posts have you seen that are "My car is working perfectly, can we post VIN to track these"

I wanted to post about a decent delivery. But there was nothing special. No one would reply and I would feel like a loser. So I didn’t post about my non problematic delivery.