Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 Month Deployment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then pump up the tires to 50psi

I think it is advisable to put some tire ramps or tire rests, or even to lift the full car using jack stands and jack pads.

81l5I8GMQnL._SL1500_.jpg
7191PEocb0L._SL1280_.jpg

51ZEVVRey2L._SL1000_.jpg

Good evening,

The odds are that I may be going on a 6-month deployment. If I can't find anyone to watch my M3 should I leave it plugged in inside my garage or just let the battery die?

Thanks!
Yes, leave it plugged in garage. I am assuming you have not been deployed yet so do a trial run. Well assuming you don't need to use your car.

For a week borrow or rent a car and do a trial run. Leave at plugged in at 50% as recommended by @P85_DA and see what happens.

Peace of mind is bliss.

Also TeslaFi is good for remote monitoring and gives u some ability of controls similar to the Tesla app..however the battery tracking functions I find very helpful you can see vampire drains daily charging graphs etc ....have a safe deployment !

Reactions: daver6640
Yes, leave it plugged in garage. I am assuming you have not been deployed yet so do a trial run. Well assuming you don't need to use your car.

For a week borrow or rent a car and do a trial run. Leave at plugged in at 50% as recommended by @P85_DA and see what happens.

Peace of mind is bliss.

I leave mine plugged in or sitting unplugged every other week. (Just happens this way due to work travel and car pooling situation) And it’s been fine in both instances. If left unplugged I’ve lost about 4 miles a day. And plugged in then it stays at 50%