Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 months into ownership ....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 tips. Mention boot leak to mobile service guy.. I had my rear screen replaced because of a boot leak. Run a £10 note around the window from the outside with door closed.. you'll easily find the air leak as the note loosens up quickly when the seal is broken.

Reactions: LongRanger
It means that the car is too quick for its suspension on B roads. It’s not set up to be able to monster these kinds of roads and it shows a real lack of composure beyond a certain point, it’s a very sudden change and tells me the suspension folks at Tesla had a choice to make given how the car behaves at lower speeds I.e. excellent. There is always a trade-off.

My old Clio 172 cup on custom KW coilys would always reward harder driving on B roads, it just got better and better as it got pushed harder - but I was younger and more foolish then.

Oh, and I don’t watch Top Gear, not since the Tiff Needell days anyway.
You are comparing a 983 kg car with a 1,847 kg car.

If you drive LR like a Clio u'd end up in a tree pretty quick. Even the P needs better brakes/suspension/tyres

You are comparing a 983 kg car with a 1,847 kg car.
Bingo!
The Tesla also has more than twice the power. I drive every day on country B-roads around Silverstone and as long as you respect the laws of physics regarding weight, then it handles pretty solidly at very "unsociable" speeds. The limiting factor in how fast you can go is really down to unpredictable oncoming traffic and how long you intend to live.

Personally I think the ride/handling balance is pretty well nailed in the M3 LR. It's neither harsh nor overly soft. I've owned plenty of German cars with far more compromised setups and only a select few that are as good or better. The M3 is a seriously quick point-point car on these roads, especially in its price range. Weight is its only enemy (but a fundamental one) and therefore I expect the 1600 kg RWD is actually the best handling version on typical UK B-roads. But overall I simply prefer the AWD and extra power.

The bottom line is that we see a lot of serious exotica (and boy racers in hot-hatches) on our local roads heading in and out of Silverstone and I've yet to see any of it moving quicker than a Model 3 is capable of.

Reactions: Yev000
just some thoughts folks - am not looking to be viewed as right or wrong - it's just some feedback on the handling characteristics of the car now I've got to know it better. YMMV :)

And yes I'm aware I'm comparing 2 completely different cars - benefit of having owned 2 completely different cars I guess ..... :)

camera being replaced now and boot seals being looked at. 2 things I've learnt this morning - 1) when you can't find your keyfob, always look in the washing machine, and 2) there is some delicious irony in a mobile Tesla service tech turning up in a diesel Merc van.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
yes and yes - have taken cover off / battery out and currently drying. Should be fine with a new battery. will leave it a few days to be sure all the moisture is gone from the PCB.

40 degrees on a synthetics wash would be my recommendation. non-bio of course.
My pet peeve with mine are the buttons being too hard to push and it falls asleep. Still better than nothing.