Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 months to repair Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in the Roadster when it happened. He couldn't see me and I couldn't back-up because there was a car behind me and honking the horn had no effect.

As for rental insurance - depends upon your state. In Arizona, where I'm at, the insurance company is only required to supply a rental car of the same size class and only for the day of actual repair. They do not have to provide a rental car for the days waiting for parts. That is the position that the other driver's insurance has taken. Since the Roadster is a small car, they will only pay me $24/day. However, I have rental car coverage with my insurance for up to $50/day for 30 days. So I can claim loss of use through my insurance and let them go after the other insurance company for reimbursement. As you can see, 30 days is not enough with this timeline.

I spoke with the TM Canada rep a month or so ago on this matter...apparently the body panel replacement parts all arrive unpainted...they are then colour matched and painted locally by TM's authorized repair facility.

With such a small number of cars made, what do you keep in stock? Body parts? In what color? Keeping everything in every color is going to expensive.