Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6-seater distance between second row seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question from a first time poster. I looked and could not find this info here or in the web. Apologies if it is somewhere and I missed it.

I am considering options for a rear second row console/armrest and wondering what the distance is between the seat cushions in the second at the narrowest point. Also the seat cushion length from back edge of the seatback (level with the cushion) to the front edge of the seat cushion. I won’t have access to the vehicle for several weeks so want to do some research and order some things in while I wait. I’m going stir-crazy waiting. Does anyone know these numbers or where they can be found? Or is a kind soul willing to measure it out quick and help a brother out?

Thanks!

These data are for a 2017 MX six-seater:

15" gap between the seat cushions near the front;
13" floor to top of front side edge of seat cushion, 11" floor to top of back side edge of seat cushion;
18-19" from back to front of seat along side of seat
That’s exactly what I needed. I was thinking about putting two of these next to each other between the seats as an alternative to the OEM console which I could not find. I wanted to make sure the dimensions added up before I ordered, seems like it will be a perfect fit. Not sure if anyone has tried these or if you get them outside of japan since it is seems they are intended for JDM only Toyota models. Any thoughts on the idea? Will it look kind of crap and clash with the interior? I don’t have the vehicle yet so hard to tell.

Upvote 0
While we’re on the subject, anyone know the distance from the back of the 2nd row to the rear of the trunk? Can the middle row seats be moved forward for extra cargo? The thing that’s keeping me on the 5-seat configuration (and waiting for Tesla to produce them in refresh) is the cargo capacity.

Reactions: Pillage
Upvote 0
While we’re on the subject, anyone know the distance from the back of the 2nd row to the rear of the trunk? Can the middle row seats be moved forward for extra cargo? The thing that’s keeping me on the 5-seat configuration (and waiting for Tesla to produce them in refresh) is the cargo capacity.
Didn't see a response to this, but in case you're still curious, the 2nd row of the 6 seater configuration only slides forward a nominal amount. I have crammed a twin mattress into the "cargo" area with the monopost seats in their full forward positions, but the mattress had to "bend" considerably to fit and it also involved a small amount of "elbow grease" on the tailgate to get it to close all the way. A twin boxspring would definitely NOT fit with a closed tailgate.

Upvote 0