TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

6-seater luggage net?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by AndrewL, Aug 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AndrewL

AndrewL Member

Does anyone know of a compact solution to prevent luggage in the 6-seater Model X from travelling forwards in a potential crash? I'm hoping for a net or something, not a rigid board like in this link https://www.amazon.co.uk/…/B000PJD…/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5…. It's odd Tesla didn't provide a solution, or at least attachment points.

2. Lasairfion

Lasairfion Member

• Informative x 1
  3. AndrewL

AndrewL Member

Thanks. They look useful, but I’m looking for something that would prevent items flying forwards in case of an accident. There are some hard walls available, but these seem impractical when taking in and out frequently.

4. cvonken

cvonken Talking Tasman

Just a (cheap) suggestion, while on roadtrips. See video:
    (sorry, Dutch spoken only, but you get the point)

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  5. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

That's a great solution!
    A little peeved I didn't think of that myself though...

• Like x 1
  6. AndrewL

AndrewL Member

Thanks, that’s a good tip!

• Like x 1
  7. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

There's a couple of soft options available too.

1. A trunk mat cover with a forward flap. I originally used this when I had my dogs, then I started using it all the time. I only recently stopped when I ordered some suction hooks to use as for a place to hang my suit jackets, which leads me to...

2. Grab some suction hooks they attach to pretty much anything - glass, glossy seat backs, the wood trim. I have these things all over the place holding up various things like garbage bags, kids backpacks, and a cargo net.

For the cargo net, I have suctions on the seat backs and I pull the cargo net across the opening. I'm using one I had from my old minivan, but a universal one would work. Most stretch out.

• Informative x 1
  8. AndrewL

AndrewL Member

Thanks Yinn, useful stuff. I like the idea of suction hooks, as opposed to drilling holes for screws. However I believe they wouldn’t hold if heavy items moved forwards quickly.

I’ll check out the trunk mat option!